I am hoping someone has experience with this issue and can offer a solution.
Our daughter has applied, via CEA, to study abroad in Spain this year for two different terms.
First term is in Alicante from May 30 till July 26.
Second term is in Seville from Sept 1 till Dec 20.
The period from July 27 to August 30 is for travel within Europe.
We have been diligent and pro-active with all aspects of logistics, including already have set an appt with Spanish Consulate in Chicago to apply for Student Visa.
Yesterday, 45 days after accepting both program applications at the same time, a CEA advisor contacts our daughter and says it is not likely a Student Visa will be granted for the entire duration of the stay. The advisor believes that since there is a gap between the semesters the application is likely to be denied.
Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 4 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 5 getting to CDG
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 A Month stay in Southern France
- 8 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 9 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 Places of interest
- 17 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 18 Switzerland in November?
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 21 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 22 vienna
- 23 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 24 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 25 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?