I am hoping someone has experience with this issue and can offer a solution.
Our daughter has applied, via CEA, to study abroad in Spain this year for two different terms.
First term is in Alicante from May 30 till July 26.
Second term is in Seville from Sept 1 till Dec 20.
The period from July 27 to August 30 is for travel within Europe.
We have been diligent and pro-active with all aspects of logistics, including already have set an appt with Spanish Consulate in Chicago to apply for Student Visa.
Yesterday, 45 days after accepting both program applications at the same time, a CEA advisor contacts our daughter and says it is not likely a Student Visa will be granted for the entire duration of the stay. The advisor believes that since there is a gap between the semesters the application is likely to be denied.
Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Maximizing Norway time
- 2 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 3 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 4 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 Berlin to ?
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 9 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 14 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 18 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 21 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 22 Trogir or Split
- 23 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 24 Scotland
- 25 Hotels in Turin