I am hoping someone has experience with this issue and can offer a solution.
Our daughter has applied, via CEA, to study abroad in Spain this year for two different terms.
First term is in Alicante from May 30 till July 26.
Second term is in Seville from Sept 1 till Dec 20.
The period from July 27 to August 30 is for travel within Europe.
We have been diligent and pro-active with all aspects of logistics, including already have set an appt with Spanish Consulate in Chicago to apply for Student Visa.
Yesterday, 45 days after accepting both program applications at the same time, a CEA advisor contacts our daughter and says it is not likely a Student Visa will be granted for the entire duration of the stay. The advisor believes that since there is a gap between the semesters the application is likely to be denied.
Has anyone faced a similar issue?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 2 Central and Northern Italy
- 3 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 4 Car rental Pick up location in Florence and drop off in Venice
- 5 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 6 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 7 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 8 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 9 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 10 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 11 Cinqueterre
- 12 stonehenge day trip from london
- 13 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 14 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 15 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 18 Charming areas to explore in London
- 19 Trip to Ireland in September
- 20 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 21 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 22 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 23 Cornwall UK
- 24 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 25 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?