I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 3 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 4 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 5 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 6 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 Our European adventures
- 9 Walking Scotland
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 12 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 13 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 14 Travel WiFi - France
- 15 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 16 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 17 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 18 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 19 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 20 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 21 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 22 Planning Advice!
- 23 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 24 Greece in 15 Days
- 25 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como