I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 2 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 3 4 boiled eggs, 10 unsalted peanuts and 1
- 4 I have an understanding of discover
- 5 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 6 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 7 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 8 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 9 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 10 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 11 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 12 Bavaria in August
- 13 Train Question
- 14 What clothes?
- 15 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 16 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 17 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 18 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 19 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 20 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 21 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 22 Stay in Saronno to see Como and Milan?
- 23 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 24 GPS vs Google Maps
- 25 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting