I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 *Help!* Puglia vs Sicily vs Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Venice at Christmas
- 3 Crazy Question regarding Flat Iron usage in Europe
- 4 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 5 Immigration entering UK to visit BF! Need advice!
- 6 Staying on Ile de la Cite
- 7 Berlin to Barcelona
- 8 countries to visit in October and November
- 9 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 10 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 11 Rome Hotel: Trevi Fountain or Piazza Navona?
- 12 Montpellier to Arles
- 13 Parma and Matova/Mantua - car rental
- 14 Hotels in St Germain Paris
- 15 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 16 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 17 Paris GTG 9/29-10/5?
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 Group wine tasting in Alsace
- 20 20 days in Greece
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Return hire car to Athens airport early tomorrow morning
- 23 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 24 Sightseeing Around Belgrade, Serbia
- 25 Catalonia: 14 days in September