I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Student Visa into Tourist Visa
- 1 Venice in Jan
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Southern France
- 4 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 5 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 11 Spain Travel
- 12 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 Public transport from Ostuni
- 15 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Itinerary Questions
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 20 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 21 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 22 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris