I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tech $UPP0RT CARE
- 2 BULLGUARD@ antivirus Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 3 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 9 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 10 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 11 Madrird and Seville
- 12 Greece
- 13 Ludwig Castles
- 14 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 15 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 16 Lake Como AREA questions
- 17 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 18 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Help on ancient history route
- 22 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 25 Airport Transfer Vienna