I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 3 European Championship
- 4 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 5 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 6 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 7 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 8 What about Basque Country?
- 9 Greece Itinerary
- 10 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Amsterdam Hotel
- 13 Amsterdam vs. France
- 14 Ireland ToDo
- 15 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 16 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 17 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 18 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 19 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 20 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 21 1 week in Malaga
- 22 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 23 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 24 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 25 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested