I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 5 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 6 Shorts in South of France?
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 11 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Bath/Cotswolds
- 14 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Globus Iberian Tour
- 18 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 19 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 20 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 21 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 22 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 23 Poland to Austria In December
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors