I have been in Spain with a student visa which expires on June 30th. I´d like to travel a bit around Europe before I head back to the USA. I´ve heard that once my Spanish residency/visa expires that I become a tourist with the 90 days inside Schengen... I´ve also heard that I must leave Spain by the 30th before it expires which is a little contradictory... I´ve heard a lot of different stories.
If I were to leave Spain a couple days before my visa expires and go to the UK or Ireland could I then re-enter the Schengen countries with a stamped passport as a tourist for the 90 days? I would eventually fly home from Spain after collecting the rest of my belongings I´d leave with a friend there since I assume I´d be able go back freely as a tourist like the rest of the Schengen countries.
If anybody can put my mind to ease about all this please let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 2 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 3 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 4 Where to go in March??
- 5 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 6 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 7 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 8 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 9 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 10 Dublin Ireland Advice Needed
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 14 Visiting Cornwall September 2016
- 15 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 16 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 17 Car service of choice in Rome? Uber?
- 18 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 19 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 20 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 21 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 22 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 23 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 24 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 25 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions