I am afraid of heights and my wife does not like strenuous hiking. Despite the magnificent experience of going up to the top of the mountain with a guide, I will go to Stromboli to spend one night and will find a boat for night view. I am wondering about the lower platform 400m. How long does it take for slow walkers to get to that platform? How strenuous or easy is it(I am 68) to get to that platform?
Stromboli question: the 400m platform
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 2 Pompeii train to Naples
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 5 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 6 No points in Paris .....
- 7 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 8 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 9 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 10 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 11 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 15 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 16 best time to book accommodation
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Stay near Paris
- 19 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 20 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 21 Sicily - not a trip report
- 22 Chip but no PIN
- 23 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace