I am afraid of heights and my wife does not like strenuous hiking. Despite the magnificent experience of going up to the top of the mountain with a guide, I will go to Stromboli to spend one night and will find a boat for night view. I am wondering about the lower platform 400m. How long does it take for slow walkers to get to that platform? How strenuous or easy is it(I am 68) to get to that platform?
Stromboli question: the 400m platform
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 2 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 3 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 4 Budget family trip to Europe
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 8 Lake Como transportation questions
- 9 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 14 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 15 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 16 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 17 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 18 By train to and out of Prague
- 19 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 20 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 21 Cylades Island Hopping
- 22 7 Nights in Paris
- 23 Normandy and Loire
- 24 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 25 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8