I am afraid of heights and my wife does not like strenuous hiking. Despite the magnificent experience of going up to the top of the mountain with a guide, I will go to Stromboli to spend one night and will find a boat for night view. I am wondering about the lower platform 400m. How long does it take for slow walkers to get to that platform? How strenuous or easy is it(I am 68) to get to that platform?
Stromboli question: the 400m platform
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 3 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 6 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 7 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 8 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 9 London Private Detectives
- 10 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 11 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 12 Calling Jamikins
- 13 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 18 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Europe in 21 days
- 22 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 23 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 24 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 25 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?