Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Yahoo Content Mail Tech Sup**** I*8663OO1281 to get all YAHOO MAIL
- 2 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 3 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 4 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 5 Public Transportation in England
- 6 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 7 K-Day
- 8 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Help required with Itinerary
- 11 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 12 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 16 Spain in December
- 17 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 20 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 23 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Trip to Rome
Short of it: