Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED_STATE @:☎1:888:482 :3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT @AOL 24x7
- 2 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 3 UNITED STATE YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 2 days in Lugano area
- 6 Scotland in December
- 7 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 8 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 9 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 15 10 days in London in early December
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 tickets for Wimbledon
- 22 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 23 retruning to US with souveniers
- 24 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 25 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
Short of it: