Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cutback on Spain trip
- 2 where to stay in London?
- 3 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 4 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 5 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 6 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 7 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 8 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 9 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 10 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 13 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 14 driving from ancona to rome
- 15 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 16 Croatia transportation question.
- 17 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 2017 Easter in Italy
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
Short of it: