Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 3 Germany family road trip help!
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 What do after Bernia Express?
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 13 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 14 First time in London
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 17 Self drive tour companies
- 18 scotland
- 19 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Ischia
- 22 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 23 Barcelona
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
Short of it: