Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 2 Norway Honeymoon
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Schengen Rule
- 5 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 6 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 7 Russia in two weeks in December
- 8 9 Days in Spain
- 9 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Our future trip to Greece
- 12 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 15 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 18 Pay attention to your watches !
- 19 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 20 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 21 Spanish Medical Providers
- 22 Christmas Day in Granada
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 25 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
Short of it: