Short of it:
Please help me figure out how to pinpoint a street address in Gapa by explaining the prevailing method of assigning numbers, e.g. east to west on both sides of street with odds on north and evens on south, everything radiates outwards from the Bahnhof, etc.
Long of it:
Swandav and other GAPA experts,
I sure hope you can help me with my over-planning of our upcoming trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. We are very excited to follow through on our long-held thought that Gapa will be the perfect place to take our 7 year-old granddaughters for their first trip to Europe. I've given countless others on this site my suggestion that it's a perfect place for children and now we're going to see for ourselves.
I have the thought that I'd best be very prepared for this trip since dithering with children with hungry stomachs could spell disaster. Accordingly I've developed a list of restaurants that look good for us but need to be certain in advance of exactly (more or less) where they are. None of the maps I have include street numbers and some streets are quite long. It just wouldn't do to have to walk the full length of say Saint Martin Strasse to find a place when folks want to eat "now!"
Internet searches have proven fruitless to find street numbering conventions for the two towns, so I'm hoping that you local experts can enlighten me. What are the "rules" to help me estimate where on a map to pinpoint an address?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Trek through Eur
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Budapest in December 2017
- 5 Amsterdam hotels
- 6 Denmark or Sweden?
- 7 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 8 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 9 Europe itinerary questions
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 12 London Hotels
- 13 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 17 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 24 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 25 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
Short of it: