We will be driving from Granada to St Sebastian (after doing Madrid-Seville-Granada) over 4-5 days via western Spain in the first week this June and were hoping some fodorites can help us decide on a couple places where we can stop overnight for probably 2 x 1-3 night stays en-route to san sebastian. 2 ideas so far are Salamanca and/or leon.
Culture, food/wine, architecture and cute villages are of interest to us. also any road trip ideas also welcome and also places to visit but not sleep along the way. Cordoba is probably our first planned visit but no sleep destination on this drive and Caceres is on my husbands stop not sleep visit also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 4 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 13 2017 Easter in Italy
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Towersey, London
- 16 Croatia transportation question.
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 20 Westerplatte
- 21 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 22 Cutback on Spain trip
- 23 Bernina Express mid-March
- 24 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
stops for road trip granada to san sebastian: salamanca, leon, other?