We will be driving from Granada to St Sebastian (after doing Madrid-Seville-Granada) over 4-5 days via western Spain in the first week this June and were hoping some fodorites can help us decide on a couple places where we can stop overnight for probably 2 x 1-3 night stays en-route to san sebastian. 2 ideas so far are Salamanca and/or leon.
Culture, food/wine, architecture and cute villages are of interest to us. also any road trip ideas also welcome and also places to visit but not sleep along the way. Cordoba is probably our first planned visit but no sleep destination on this drive and Caceres is on my husbands stop not sleep visit also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas
stops for road trip granada to san sebastian: salamanca, leon, other?