We will be driving from Granada to St Sebastian (after doing Madrid-Seville-Granada) over 4-5 days via western Spain in the first week this June and were hoping some fodorites can help us decide on a couple places where we can stop overnight for probably 2 x 1-3 night stays en-route to san sebastian. 2 ideas so far are Salamanca and/or leon.
Culture, food/wine, architecture and cute villages are of interest to us. also any road trip ideas also welcome and also places to visit but not sleep along the way. Cordoba is probably our first planned visit but no sleep destination on this drive and Caceres is on my husbands stop not sleep visit also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 2 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 One week in Europe
- 6 Munich itinerary review
- 7 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 10 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Where to eat in Rome?
- 13 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 16 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 AMS Car Rental
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 London Theater
- 22 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 23 Europe itinerary questions
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
stops for road trip granada to san sebastian: salamanca, leon, other?