Our summer 2015 trip to Croatia was cancelled due to a family health crisis, but we are now rebooking things for next June and would appreciate your help.
We'll have 24 days in Croatia, relying on buses and boats to get around. We start in Rovinj for four nights. I'd appreciate feedback on whether to then head to Zadar in one long day (9 hours on two buses) or break it up by spending two nights in Lovran or Opatija to walk the Lungomare. We'd also consider doing some island-hopping to Zadar instead, but I'm not finding that easy to organize.
Also, is Trogir worth three nights, or could we spend that on Brac? I've had some recent feedback that it might not be worth more than a day. We have to stop in the area to catch the boat to Hvar anyway.
Confirmed so far:
- Rovinj: 4 nights
- Lovran or Opitija? 2?
- Zadar: 3 nights, including day visit to Plitvice? Or 5 nights with an overnight in Plitvice (if we skip Lovran).
- Trogir? Brac? 3 nights? Or just an overnight in Split before catching ferry to Hvar?
- Hvar: 4
- Korcula: 4
- Cavtat: 4
We prefer smaller seaside towns to cities and enjoy hiking, swimming and exploring old town centres. But again, we'll be relying on public transport, so we understand that will restrict our choices.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm always amazed at and gratified by how generous fellow travellers are in sharing thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pay attention to your watches !
- 2 Venice/Mestre
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 5 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 6 Italy Car Scam
- 7 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 8 car insurance italy
- 9 auto europa or auto europe?
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 14 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 15 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 16 8 Days in Spain
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.