Our summer 2015 trip to Croatia was cancelled due to a family health crisis, but we are now rebooking things for next June and would appreciate your help.
We'll have 24 days in Croatia, relying on buses and boats to get around. We start in Rovinj for four nights. I'd appreciate feedback on whether to then head to Zadar in one long day (9 hours on two buses) or break it up by spending two nights in Lovran or Opatija to walk the Lungomare. We'd also consider doing some island-hopping to Zadar instead, but I'm not finding that easy to organize.
Also, is Trogir worth three nights, or could we spend that on Brac? I've had some recent feedback that it might not be worth more than a day. We have to stop in the area to catch the boat to Hvar anyway.
Confirmed so far:
- Rovinj: 4 nights
- Lovran or Opitija? 2?
- Zadar: 3 nights, including day visit to Plitvice? Or 5 nights with an overnight in Plitvice (if we skip Lovran).
- Trogir? Brac? 3 nights? Or just an overnight in Split before catching ferry to Hvar?
- Hvar: 4
- Korcula: 4
- Cavtat: 4
We prefer smaller seaside towns to cities and enjoy hiking, swimming and exploring old town centres. But again, we'll be relying on public transport, so we understand that will restrict our choices.
Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm always amazed at and gratified by how generous fellow travellers are in sharing thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CALL@ YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 5 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 6 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 7 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 8 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 9 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 10 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 11 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 12 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 13 4 days from/to Zagreb...
- 14 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 15 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 19 Prem fares (again)
- 20 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 23 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 Chania