I will be driving my boys (6 and 8) and I to Freiburg from Retie Belgium (near Holland border) on June 27th, a Monday. We have the entire day to drive and arrival time doesn't really matter. I see two suggested routes on Google maps: one through South Holland, past Bonn, and along the Rhein. The second goes through Belgium through Luxembourg and into France to Freiburg.
My question is.....is there a better route on a Monday? Or, if all things are equal, does one of these routes lend itself better to a couple of stops to stretch legs, eat, etc.
I have no agenda other than "ease" (knowing that no drive with 2 small children for that long) will be easy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 10 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands
Stops along the way from Noord-Brabant, Belgium to Freiburg