I will be driving my boys (6 and 8) and I to Freiburg from Retie Belgium (near Holland border) on June 27th, a Monday. We have the entire day to drive and arrival time doesn't really matter. I see two suggested routes on Google maps: one through South Holland, past Bonn, and along the Rhein. The second goes through Belgium through Luxembourg and into France to Freiburg.
My question is.....is there a better route on a Monday? Or, if all things are equal, does one of these routes lend itself better to a couple of stops to stretch legs, eat, etc.
I have no agenda other than "ease" (knowing that no drive with 2 small children for that long) will be easy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 2 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Germany train help!
- 5 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 8 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 9 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 10 Meteora for older folk
- 11 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 12 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 15 Athens
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 20 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Paris day trips August
Stops along the way from Noord-Brabant, Belgium to Freiburg