I am planning a trip to France and Spain next year with my boyfriend. We will be starting in Paris, then Nimes, then Barcelona and finally Seville.
Could anyone please recommend a beautiful place to stop for 1 or 2 nights between Nimes and Barcelona? Somewhere that is accessible by public transport (as we will not have a car) and is ideally a town as opposed to a city.
To help: i really wanted to visit Menton (other side of the south of France) however it makes more sense to find somewhere between Nimes and Barcelona. As a couple, we are interested in history, architecture, food, wine and being in a relaxing atmosphere.
Thank you so so so much for your help in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 2 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 3 Europe First Timers
- 4 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 5 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 6 base in brussels
- 7 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 11 Uber vs. TfL
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 14 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 17 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 21 Lille Braderie 2017
- 22 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 23 Apartment Montreux area
- 24 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 25 Norther Spain first Iteniary