I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cookware in France
- 2 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 3 Areas to avoid as a person of color?
- 4 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 5 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 6 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 7 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 8 Brontë Bicentenaries - plans unveiled starting 2016
- 9 Wine tour in Chianti
- 10 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 11 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 14 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 15 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 16 Scenic drive from Ghent to Amsterdam
- 17 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 18 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 19 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 20 Russian Visa Question
- 21 travel insurance
- 22 St. Petersburg
- 23 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 24 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 25 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions