I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Barcelona question
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 5 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 6 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 7 My 60th birthday surprises
- 8 20 Days in Europe
- 9 4 days in switzerland
- 10 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 11 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 12 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 13 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 14 European Cooking Secrets
- 15 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 16 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 17 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 18 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 19 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 20 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 21 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 22 Help with first time trip with family
- 23 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 24 Tuscany or Cinque Terre?
- 25 Verona or Athens?