I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Planning a holiday
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 15 days in Europe,
- 11 Medieval Tallinn
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 17 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 18 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 19 Spain - Andalucia
- 20 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 21 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 22 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome