I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 2 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 3 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 4 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 7 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 8 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 9 Airport to Piraeus
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 12 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 13 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 14 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 20 Foie gras, redux
- 21 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 22 Dublin Tour Companies
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Day trips from Seville
- 25 Oktoberfest reservations