I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 4 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 8 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 9 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 10 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 11 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 12 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 15 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 16 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 17 Europe itinerary help!
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 20 Which Day?
- 21 barcelona neighborhood
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 24 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 25 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!