I am going to be in the Stockholm area for 10 days (late May to early June). Most of my time will be spent in Stockholm, but I was hoping to take an overnight ferry (or shorter boat ride?) to spend some time in Tallinn (maybe a night or two?) and Helsinki (maybe just for a day)-it could go Helsinki, then Tallinn, if that makes more sense. Then, I need to head back to Stockholm (my flight home is out of Stockholm). Please help me think of the most logical and economical way to do this. Would midweek make the most sense? Is it most inexpensive to book roundtrip or would booking each individual boat/ferry trip cost about the same? I have looked at Tallink Silja's website to get some sense of this, but still wanted advice in case there are some tips you could give me.
Also-I will definitely be spending at least 6-7 days in Stockholm, but if it comes down to just doing Tallinn OR Helsinki, I am most interested in Tallinn.
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Oak Park, IL, USA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence - Where to stay
- 2 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 3 Berlin to Italy
- 4 Killarney
- 5 Where to go!?
- 6 First time in Bulgaria
- 7 Vacation
- 8 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 11 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 12 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 15 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 16 Walking itinerary in England?
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Dog friendly hotels
- 19 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 20 Cambridge in May
- 21 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 22 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 23 No Periods in British Written English!
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited