I am now in France and will head to Italy in a couple of days. I am going to be in Padua for a couple of nights until next Tuesday. Then I have booked accommodation from July 28 to August 1 in Rome. In between I had hoped to go to the Dolomites. I am already tired so I don't want to be jumping from place to place but could possibly be up to doing four nights somewhere and two nights somewhere else. I was hoping for Ortisei but to be honest am now not that confident driving as I will either be with a friend who is not that excited by the idea (and for me to feel confident I need her to also - I have driven on the other side of the road to what I'm used to, when I was in Canada, but was with someone who was extremely confident), so I am thinking it may be easier - quicker - to get to Trento, which is only a couple of hour by train from Padua. I know it's not strictly the Dolomites ... We could then either do two nights in Garda or Florence, en route to Rome. I would prefer to be somewhere I can get a fast train to Rome on the 28th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 2 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 5 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Short Trip in July
- 9 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 10 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 11 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome