I am now in France and will head to Italy in a couple of days. I am going to be in Padua for a couple of nights until next Tuesday. Then I have booked accommodation from July 28 to August 1 in Rome. In between I had hoped to go to the Dolomites. I am already tired so I don't want to be jumping from place to place but could possibly be up to doing four nights somewhere and two nights somewhere else. I was hoping for Ortisei but to be honest am now not that confident driving as I will either be with a friend who is not that excited by the idea (and for me to feel confident I need her to also - I have driven on the other side of the road to what I'm used to, when I was in Canada, but was with someone who was extremely confident), so I am thinking it may be easier - quicker - to get to Trento, which is only a couple of hour by train from Padua. I know it's not strictly the Dolomites ... We could then either do two nights in Garda or Florence, en route to Rome. I would prefer to be somewhere I can get a fast train to Rome on the 28th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Amsterdam hotel
- 4 Europe itinerary questions
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 London Hotels
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 1 month in Europe
- 18 Paris hotels
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 10 days in Paris and......
- 21 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 22 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 23 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 London-Help Me Spend Money
Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome