I am now in France and will head to Italy in a couple of days. I am going to be in Padua for a couple of nights until next Tuesday. Then I have booked accommodation from July 28 to August 1 in Rome. In between I had hoped to go to the Dolomites. I am already tired so I don't want to be jumping from place to place but could possibly be up to doing four nights somewhere and two nights somewhere else. I was hoping for Ortisei but to be honest am now not that confident driving as I will either be with a friend who is not that excited by the idea (and for me to feel confident I need her to also - I have driven on the other side of the road to what I'm used to, when I was in Canada, but was with someone who was extremely confident), so I am thinking it may be easier - quicker - to get to Trento, which is only a couple of hour by train from Padua. I know it's not strictly the Dolomites ... We could then either do two nights in Garda or Florence, en route to Rome. I would prefer to be somewhere I can get a fast train to Rome on the 28th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Budapest language lessons
- 8 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 9 Alsace to Austria?
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 12 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 13 Private Guide in Lyon
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Budapest Card
- 16 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 22 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 23 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome