We are travelling to Liguria in the spring, and I'm thinking of staying in Santa Margherita, for a few reasons: smallish seaside town, good public transportation to various towns along the coast, easy access to Genoa for city time, and proximity to natural hiking and cycling areas. Here is my question: We want to be away from traffic, and do some coastal biking (I know about the SanRemo bike route). Would SML be a good base in your opinion? I know there is mountain biking from Finale Ligure, and I think that would be ok, too, but I'd prefer coastal biking (senza automobili!). What are your thoughts on SML for this purpose? Biking is not the number one priority for me, for others in my party, it would be a treat.
Also, I've been looking for a hotel in the pedestrian zone, but am only seeing them in the pedestrian "area". Any suggestions for a quiet hotel would be appreciated.
I've considered Rapallo, too, but it may be too small. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED : HP SUPPORT CONTACT ☎ 1:800-681-7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 3 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 15 Trogir or Split
- 16 Help on ancient history route
- 17 Edinbrugh
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 22 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 25 Greek Mainland Itinerary