We are travelling to Liguria in the spring, and I'm thinking of staying in Santa Margherita, for a few reasons: smallish seaside town, good public transportation to various towns along the coast, easy access to Genoa for city time, and proximity to natural hiking and cycling areas. Here is my question: We want to be away from traffic, and do some coastal biking (I know about the SanRemo bike route). Would SML be a good base in your opinion? I know there is mountain biking from Finale Ligure, and I think that would be ok, too, but I'd prefer coastal biking (senza automobili!). What are your thoughts on SML for this purpose? Biking is not the number one priority for me, for others in my party, it would be a treat.
Also, I've been looking for a hotel in the pedestrian zone, but am only seeing them in the pedestrian "area". Any suggestions for a quiet hotel would be appreciated.
I've considered Rapallo, too, but it may be too small. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 2 International drivers permit
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 6 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 11 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 14 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 15 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 16 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 19 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 TIM in FCO - update
- 22 London GTG May 19-25
- 23 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 24 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 25 Classical Tour of Albania