We are travelling to Liguria in the spring, and I'm thinking of staying in Santa Margherita, for a few reasons: smallish seaside town, good public transportation to various towns along the coast, easy access to Genoa for city time, and proximity to natural hiking and cycling areas. Here is my question: We want to be away from traffic, and do some coastal biking (I know about the SanRemo bike route). Would SML be a good base in your opinion? I know there is mountain biking from Finale Ligure, and I think that would be ok, too, but I'd prefer coastal biking (senza automobili!). What are your thoughts on SML for this purpose? Biking is not the number one priority for me, for others in my party, it would be a treat.
Also, I've been looking for a hotel in the pedestrian zone, but am only seeing them in the pedestrian "area". Any suggestions for a quiet hotel would be appreciated.
I've considered Rapallo, too, but it may be too small. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Where to enjoy Paris
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 12 Athens
- 13 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 14 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 15 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 16 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 19 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 20 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 21 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 22 Budapest & Prague
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 driving from ancona to rome