We are travelling to Liguria in the spring, and I'm thinking of staying in Santa Margherita, for a few reasons: smallish seaside town, good public transportation to various towns along the coast, easy access to Genoa for city time, and proximity to natural hiking and cycling areas. Here is my question: We want to be away from traffic, and do some coastal biking (I know about the SanRemo bike route). Would SML be a good base in your opinion? I know there is mountain biking from Finale Ligure, and I think that would be ok, too, but I'd prefer coastal biking (senza automobili!). What are your thoughts on SML for this purpose? Biking is not the number one priority for me, for others in my party, it would be a treat.
Also, I've been looking for a hotel in the pedestrian zone, but am only seeing them in the pedestrian "area". Any suggestions for a quiet hotel would be appreciated.
I've considered Rapallo, too, but it may be too small. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 2 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 3 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 4 Leather goods in Florence
- 5 4 days in Provence in early June
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 France Itinerary Advice
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 17 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 21 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 22 Transportation
- 23 Things to do in Montpellier
- 24 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing