We are travelling to Liguria in the spring, and I'm thinking of staying in Santa Margherita, for a few reasons: smallish seaside town, good public transportation to various towns along the coast, easy access to Genoa for city time, and proximity to natural hiking and cycling areas. Here is my question: We want to be away from traffic, and do some coastal biking (I know about the SanRemo bike route). Would SML be a good base in your opinion? I know there is mountain biking from Finale Ligure, and I think that would be ok, too, but I'd prefer coastal biking (senza automobili!). What are your thoughts on SML for this purpose? Biking is not the number one priority for me, for others in my party, it would be a treat.
Also, I've been looking for a hotel in the pedestrian zone, but am only seeing them in the pedestrian "area". Any suggestions for a quiet hotel would be appreciated.
I've considered Rapallo, too, but it may be too small. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 What's up with the showers in Europe??
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 13 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 14 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017