I am from a Schengen country myself and have been visiting Denmark a lot because my boyfriend lives there. I have been living with him for a long time now and am starting to wonder if I can just stay here until we eventually move to my country? I am self employed and pay taxes in my country, and my self employment gives me the ability to travel wherever I want. The self employment agency also didn't say anything when I mentioned I would be in Denmark for most of the year, neither did my accountant.
But I still want to be sure. I normally stay here for 2-3 months and then go back to my home country to visit my family for like 2 weeks. I thought this was how it is done, but now I read something about only being able to stay 90 days in a 180 days period, but I always read this in regards to Americans coming to Europe. Does this also apply to schengen members (Belgium) staying in schengen countries? cause I dont want to be apart from my partner for so long. He is still studying.
I never have to show any visa or passport, Only when I go and check in for my flight I have to give my flight ticket and identity card at the check in desk. Thats it... So how can they even know I am in Denmark for more than 90 days in 180 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 4 Ireland itinerary help please
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 10 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 11 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 12 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 13 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 14 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 17 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 18 Alps Drive
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 22 Paris cooking classes
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 25 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?