I am from a Schengen country myself and have been visiting Denmark a lot because my boyfriend lives there. I have been living with him for a long time now and am starting to wonder if I can just stay here until we eventually move to my country? I am self employed and pay taxes in my country, and my self employment gives me the ability to travel wherever I want. The self employment agency also didn't say anything when I mentioned I would be in Denmark for most of the year, neither did my accountant.
But I still want to be sure. I normally stay here for 2-3 months and then go back to my home country to visit my family for like 2 weeks. I thought this was how it is done, but now I read something about only being able to stay 90 days in a 180 days period, but I always read this in regards to Americans coming to Europe. Does this also apply to schengen members (Belgium) staying in schengen countries? cause I dont want to be apart from my partner for so long. He is still studying.
I never have to show any visa or passport, Only when I go and check in for my flight I have to give my flight ticket and identity card at the check in desk. Thats it... So how can they even know I am in Denmark for more than 90 days in 180 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas