I am from a Schengen country myself and have been visiting Denmark a lot because my boyfriend lives there. I have been living with him for a long time now and am starting to wonder if I can just stay here until we eventually move to my country? I am self employed and pay taxes in my country, and my self employment gives me the ability to travel wherever I want. The self employment agency also didn't say anything when I mentioned I would be in Denmark for most of the year, neither did my accountant.
But I still want to be sure. I normally stay here for 2-3 months and then go back to my home country to visit my family for like 2 weeks. I thought this was how it is done, but now I read something about only being able to stay 90 days in a 180 days period, but I always read this in regards to Americans coming to Europe. Does this also apply to schengen members (Belgium) staying in schengen countries? cause I dont want to be apart from my partner for so long. He is still studying.
I never have to show any visa or passport, Only when I go and check in for my flight I have to give my flight ticket and identity card at the check in desk. Thats it... So how can they even know I am in Denmark for more than 90 days in 180 days.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 PARIS
- 5 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 6 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Alitala
- 12 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 13 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 14 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 15 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 18 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!