I will be attending the Venice Film Festival. I wonder if anyone has advice on where (as in which neighborhood) in Venice to stay during the festival? I do not want to stay on the Lido. I believe (but correct me if I am wrong, please) that it would be easy by vaporetto to get to the Lido from the San Marco area, but if possible I'd like to say somewhere a bit less full of tourists and I would like to rent an apartment. I especially like the Cannaregio area of Venice, but have never tried from there to get to the Lido, particularly the area of the Lido where the film festival is held. I am open to any advice on neighborhoods where it would be good to stay during the festival with the goal of it not being a huge hassle to get from there to the Lido to the festival. Thanks.
Staying in Venice during the Venice Film Festival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 2 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 3 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 4 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 5 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 6 Satnav maps update
- 7 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 10 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 11 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 14 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 17 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 18 mallorca
- 19 April in Madrid
- 20 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 21 France to Italy advice needed please
- 22 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 25 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?