I will be attending the Venice Film Festival. I wonder if anyone has advice on where (as in which neighborhood) in Venice to stay during the festival? I do not want to stay on the Lido. I believe (but correct me if I am wrong, please) that it would be easy by vaporetto to get to the Lido from the San Marco area, but if possible I'd like to say somewhere a bit less full of tourists and I would like to rent an apartment. I especially like the Cannaregio area of Venice, but have never tried from there to get to the Lido, particularly the area of the Lido where the film festival is held. I am open to any advice on neighborhoods where it would be good to stay during the festival with the goal of it not being a huge hassle to get from there to the Lido to the festival. Thanks.
Staying in Venice during the Venice Film Festival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 2 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 3 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 4 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 5 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 6 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 7 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Help with a small island in Greece
- 11 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 12 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 13 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 14 International driving permit required in France?
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 17 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 18 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 24 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 25 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)