I will be attending the Venice Film Festival. I wonder if anyone has advice on where (as in which neighborhood) in Venice to stay during the festival? I do not want to stay on the Lido. I believe (but correct me if I am wrong, please) that it would be easy by vaporetto to get to the Lido from the San Marco area, but if possible I'd like to say somewhere a bit less full of tourists and I would like to rent an apartment. I especially like the Cannaregio area of Venice, but have never tried from there to get to the Lido, particularly the area of the Lido where the film festival is held. I am open to any advice on neighborhoods where it would be good to stay during the festival with the goal of it not being a huge hassle to get from there to the Lido to the festival. Thanks.
Staying in Venice during the Venice Film Festival
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 2 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 3 Airbnb scam
- 4 Gift for French business associate
- 5 Best data sim
- 6 Scotland Votes "No"
- 7 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 8 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 9 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 10 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 11 from Munchen train to Romerberg
- 12 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 15 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 Trip Report, part 1
- 18 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 19 Scottish Passport
- 20 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 21 shortened trip to Italy
- 22 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 23 Air France strike
- 24 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 25 Italy tours