Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 2 Planning 10 day trip from Athens around Greece
- 3 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 4 From Porto to the Douro Valley wine route
- 5 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 6 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 7 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 8 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 9 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 10 Papal audience-Easter
- 11 Voltage in UK and France
- 12 Nature of France
- 13 Hotel Artorius in Rome
- 14 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 15 Emilia Romagna Region
- 16 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 17 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 18 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 19 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 20 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 21 Does this itinerary make sense for May 2015?
- 22 Bosphorus cruise in February?
- 23 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 24 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 25 Two Weeks in France in October '15