Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 2 American Express
- 3 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 6 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 7 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 8 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 9 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 10 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 13 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 14 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 15 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 16 Three ferries to Mull
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 20 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 21 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??