Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
- 1 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 2 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 3 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 4 Places to visit from London
- 5 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 6 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 7 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 8 Do and don't, eating in France
- 9 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 10 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 11 Getting the best our of Europe
- 12 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 13 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 14 Paris museums free admission
- 15 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 16 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 17 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 18 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 19 Spain with kids
- 20 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 21 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 22 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 23 Meeting up at CDG
- 24 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 25 July reservations for County Kerry?