Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About cars in Austria
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 4 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 5 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 6 Italy - unusually so
- 7 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 8 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 9 Europe in December for 10 days
- 10 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 11 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 12 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 13 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 14 England/EPL family vacation
- 15 4 Months in Europe
- 16 Never To Return
- 17 Tipping in the UK
- 18 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 19 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 20 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 21 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 22 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 23 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 24 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 25 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!