Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 3 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 4 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 5 Car in Prague
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 13 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 14 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Travel by train or bus
- 17 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 20 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 21 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 22 Cyprus in December
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 Which travel plan?
- 25 Florence in October