Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 2 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 3 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 4 1 week in Ireland Starting in Dublin
- 5 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 6 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 7 Travelling to Croatia - Do I need to book accommodation
- 8 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 9 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 25 days in Europe
- 12 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 13 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 14 scotland trave;
- 15 Booking a 5* luxury hotel..
- 16 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 17 Family trip to France with kids
- 18 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 19 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 20 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 21 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 22 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 23 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 24 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 25 Alhambra tickets for May?