Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Giverny in early October?
- 2 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 3 Air France strike
- 4 Voltage in UK and France
- 5 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 6 Two Days in Prague
- 7 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 8 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 9 Schengen Visa
- 10 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 11 Alterations to night trains routes
- 12 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 london in 2.5 days
- 15 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 18 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 19 London GTG late September?
- 20 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 21 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 22 Florence Hotel Advice
- 23 Escargot
- 24 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal