Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 3 Terrorism in Europe
- 4 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 5 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 6 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 7 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 8 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 9 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 10 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 11 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 12 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 13 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 14 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 15 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 16 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 17 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 18 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 19 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 20 Night Train - Need help
- 21 White Villages base?
- 22 Traveling to France
- 23 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 24 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 25 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights