Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 3 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 4 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 5 4-6 weeks
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 9 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 10 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 11 Eiffel tower tickets
- 12 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 13 Venice Banning Fodors
- 14 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 15 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 16 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 17 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 18 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 19 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 20 France, Italy and Greec
- 21 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 24 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 25 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input