Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shipping bags home
- 2 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 3 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 4 England, Paris itinerary help
- 5 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 6 Germany for 3 weeks
- 7 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 8 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 9 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 10 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 11 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 12 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 13 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 14 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 15 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 16 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 17 Vienna and side trips
- 18 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 19 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 20 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 22 Emilia Romagna Region
- 23 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 24 Scottland for a day!
- 25 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland