Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 2 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 3 wineries near Ronda
- 4 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 6 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 7 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 10 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 11 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 12 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 13 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 14 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 15 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 16 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 17 travel to western Europe from India
- 18 Tour Group Operators
- 19 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 20 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 21 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 22 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 23 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 24 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 25 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?