Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 2 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 3 Change in Travel
- 4 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 5 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 6 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 7 Is Capri overrated?
- 8 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 9 Need help with our itinerary
- 10 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 11 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 12 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 13 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 14 A week in Paris
- 15 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 16 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 17 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 19 9 days on amalfi coast
- 20 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 21 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 22 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 23 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 24 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 25 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights