Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 2 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 3 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 4 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 5 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 6 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 7 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 8 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 11 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 12 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 13 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 14 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 15 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 16 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 17 Scotland day tour
- 18 England sites not to miss
- 19 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Tuscany without a car - towns and walking/hiking holiday
- 22 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 23 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 24 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 25 Casual men's dress in Paris