Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 4 Greece with 4 months baby old in September
- 5 where to stay dolomites Italy
- 6 100 years of French gratitude
- 7 Paris T A X I
- 8 Reasonable Hotels in Central London near the Underground
- 9 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 10 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 11 Portugal Itinerary for Late October
- 12 studying abroad, need advice on how to spend two month-long breaks
- 13 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 14 Venice, Florence, Rome post cruise visit
- 15 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 16 First Trip to Europe
- 17 Globus Tours
- 18 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 19 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 20 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 21 Central London Hotels
- 22 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 23 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 24 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 25 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base