Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 4 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 5 Munich with a car?
- 6 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 7 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 11 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 12 Itinerary Help!
- 13 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 16 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 He said , she said
- 19 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 20 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 23 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions