Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 2 Greece and Turkey
- 3 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 4 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 5 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 6 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 7 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 8 Hotel in Lisbon
- 9 buying souviners and art
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Porto to Salamanca
- 12 Where to stay in Prague?
- 13 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 14 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 15 Walking in Bologna
- 16 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 17 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 18 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 19 Travel by train in Poland?
- 20 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 21 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi-Ravello-Paestum in one day, is it possible?
- 22 Why does riding a bike make me think of French food?
- 23 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 24 Swiss decisions
- 25 Please help me plan my trip!