Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to make this adventure work?
- 2 Does this sound feasible?
- 3 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 4 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 5 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 6 Late night train from Prague
- 7 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 8 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 9 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 10 Eating in University cafeterias
- 11 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 12 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 13 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 14 Tour Group Operators
- 15 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 18 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 19 I went to Paris in June
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Theater in London
- 22 How would you adapt Rick Steves' Athens & the Heart of Greece tour?
- 23 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 24 Trip Report & Tips for Greece (Nafplio, Santorini, Naxos, & Athens)
- 25 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD