Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 2 London visit
- 3 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 4 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 7 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 8 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 9 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 10 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 11 21 Days in Central Europe
- 12 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 13 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 14 My itinerary for Greece
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 17 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 18 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 19 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 20 London 2nd time around
- 21 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 22 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 23 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March