Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books