Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 2 Great London Bars with a view
- 3 Rome Food Tour
- 4 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 6 Art in Paris
- 7 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Rental car while in Ireland
- 10 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 11 Hotels that we found special
- 12 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 13 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 14 St Germain
- 15 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 16 First Time to UK since 2001
- 17 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 18 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 19 Too many Trip Reports
- 20 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 21 I dream of Europe
- 22 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 23 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 24 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15