Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report, part 1
- 2 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 5 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 6 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 7 Italy tours
- 8 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 9 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 10 Norway Advice
- 11 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 12 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 13 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 14 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 15 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 16 Voltage in UK and France
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 Barcelona free tours??
- 19 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 20 Air France strike
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Tour ends in Rome
- 23 Pisa or Siena?
- 24 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 25 Giverny in early October?