Ill be graduating college here in the US in May and am planning to travel over to the UK in September to stay with family for an extended period. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to apply for a general visitor visa. I will not be working or studying or anything, but I feel strange just going over there without any solid documentation. I am also trying to figure out how long I can stay for - I know that I am allowed to stay for 6 months but I know that the family I am visiting is considering coming to the US for Christmas and I may join them. Would I be able to return with them to the UK so soon after already having spent almost 4 months with them? I would really like to stay until June. Additionally, could I travel outside of the UK (say, France for example) during my stay with them? Whew! Lots to think about. Let me know if you can help!!
Staying in the UK for extended time! ??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 2 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 3 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 4 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 5 Mycenae Documentary
- 6 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 7 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 10 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Mont St Michel
- 18 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 19 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 20 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 23 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris