I am planning a trip to Italy and currently having a hard time with a home base selection.
My wife and I will travel in May and have 3 days set aside for the cinque terre. We will arrive by train from Nice. After the cinque terre we will be picking up a car to travel north
does staying in portovenere not let me experience the cinque terre at night?
Is the cinque terra a must see late at night when it is quiet?
should i split nights between the two (extra time involved with changing hotels)
If you guys can help me. what are the pros and cons of staying in either the cinque terre or Portovenere?
Thanks for the help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 6 Iceland
- 7 Venice/Mestre
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 11 Our future trip to Greece
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Russia in two weeks in December
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Christmas Day in Granada
- 16 car insurance italy
- 17 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 18 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 19 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 20 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 21 Transylvania - June 2018
- 22 Italy Car Scam
- 23 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 24 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 25 Krakow