After a lot of planning for a trip to Spain in May, my plan has changed and I am now going to London instead. I have not finalized anything yet, but have found a nice hotel in Mayfair. I will be getting a guide book, but I like to see what people's experiences are. I know that Mayfair is an upscale neighborhood but I have some questions. Are there affordable and/or inexpensive places to eat in Mayfair? I am thinking about inexpensive pub food and decent take away options. What about markets, pharmacies etc. The hotel is Flemings Mayfair on Half Moon Street. Does anyone know this hotel...opinions? What do you think about the location for sightseeing? I plan on doing most of the "touristy" stuff(Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tate Modern, Tower of London etc.). Also, I am not really worried about safety but is there enough nightlife within walking distance(nothing too crazy, just pubs maybe a theater or cinema, some restaurants). I'd like to avoid the tube at night if possible.
Also, are there any major tourist attractions that I should book in advance before leaving the US? I know this is a lot, thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris