After a lot of planning for a trip to Spain in May, my plan has changed and I am now going to London instead. I have not finalized anything yet, but have found a nice hotel in Mayfair. I will be getting a guide book, but I like to see what people's experiences are. I know that Mayfair is an upscale neighborhood but I have some questions. Are there affordable and/or inexpensive places to eat in Mayfair? I am thinking about inexpensive pub food and decent take away options. What about markets, pharmacies etc. The hotel is Flemings Mayfair on Half Moon Street. Does anyone know this hotel...opinions? What do you think about the location for sightseeing? I plan on doing most of the "touristy" stuff(Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tate Modern, Tower of London etc.). Also, I am not really worried about safety but is there enough nightlife within walking distance(nothing too crazy, just pubs maybe a theater or cinema, some restaurants). I'd like to avoid the tube at night if possible.
Also, are there any major tourist attractions that I should book in advance before leaving the US? I know this is a lot, thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 2 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 3 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 7 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 8 Car rental companies - why so many negative reviews?
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 southeast sicily town as home base
- 12 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 13 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 14 Chania
- 15 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 16 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 17 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 18 Spanish food - not that special?
- 19 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 20 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 21 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 24 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 25 Booking Irish Rail ticket