After a lot of planning for a trip to Spain in May, my plan has changed and I am now going to London instead. I have not finalized anything yet, but have found a nice hotel in Mayfair. I will be getting a guide book, but I like to see what people's experiences are. I know that Mayfair is an upscale neighborhood but I have some questions. Are there affordable and/or inexpensive places to eat in Mayfair? I am thinking about inexpensive pub food and decent take away options. What about markets, pharmacies etc. The hotel is Flemings Mayfair on Half Moon Street. Does anyone know this hotel...opinions? What do you think about the location for sightseeing? I plan on doing most of the "touristy" stuff(Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tate Modern, Tower of London etc.). Also, I am not really worried about safety but is there enough nightlife within walking distance(nothing too crazy, just pubs maybe a theater or cinema, some restaurants). I'd like to avoid the tube at night if possible.
Also, are there any major tourist attractions that I should book in advance before leaving the US? I know this is a lot, thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Roma Pass
- 8 Trek through Eur
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?