After a lot of planning for a trip to Spain in May, my plan has changed and I am now going to London instead. I have not finalized anything yet, but have found a nice hotel in Mayfair. I will be getting a guide book, but I like to see what people's experiences are. I know that Mayfair is an upscale neighborhood but I have some questions. Are there affordable and/or inexpensive places to eat in Mayfair? I am thinking about inexpensive pub food and decent take away options. What about markets, pharmacies etc. The hotel is Flemings Mayfair on Half Moon Street. Does anyone know this hotel...opinions? What do you think about the location for sightseeing? I plan on doing most of the "touristy" stuff(Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tate Modern, Tower of London etc.). Also, I am not really worried about safety but is there enough nightlife within walking distance(nothing too crazy, just pubs maybe a theater or cinema, some restaurants). I'd like to avoid the tube at night if possible.
Also, are there any major tourist attractions that I should book in advance before leaving the US? I know this is a lot, thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 2 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 3 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 4 Praiana to Positano
- 5 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 6 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 7 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 8 Scotland and London 21 days
- 9 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 10 Quick Barcelona Info needed for next week please
- 11 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 12 Venice
- 13 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 14 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 15 help with Italy itinerary
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 18 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 19 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 20 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 23 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 25 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona