Rummaging through files I finally found the article from the Washington Post on staying in convents: "Pray as You Go: Italy's Religious Guest Houses" by Lois Brunner Bastian in the 20 Jul 97 edition. (The Post's search routine stinks, so I have never been able to get it from the archives). She mentions four sites: Fraterna Domus, Via Mont Brianzo 62, 00186 Rome; Alma Domus, Via Camporegio 37, Siena; Seminario Sant'Andrea, Viale Vittorio Veneto 2, Volterra and Instituto San Giuseppe, Ponte della Guerra, Castello 5402, Venice. I have stayed with the Suore Francescane, 35 Via Nicolo V, Rome and found this to be a frugal and comfortable alternative. Does anybody else have other convents or monasteries that they have stayed at and their experiences there?
Staying in Italian convents: your experiences
- 1 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 2 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 3 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 4 Airport shuttle from CDG to Paris
- 5 Limo companies in Madrid?
- 6 Limo service from Madrid Barajas Airport
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 9 Best area for wine and which one?
- 10 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 11 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 12 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 13 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 14 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 15 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 18 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 19 Which tour company would be best?
- 20 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 21 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 22 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 23 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 24 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 25 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)