My daughter will be 17 when she travels with friends in Europe this summer. She has heard that she may not be able to make a reservation at any hostels since she is under 18. I have heard that she can be chaperoned by someone in her party who is 18 as long as she has a letter from her parents giving permission. Anyone know anything more about this?
Staying in hostels in Europe if under 18
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Week in Spain
- 2 Food safety in Istanbul.
- 3 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 4 Now for the Venice hotel
- 5 Germany - Poland - Italy itinerary help requested
- 6 Recharging an Old Lebara SIM?
- 7 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 8 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 9 Initial itinerary – Northern Spain and Catalunya
- 10 week in scotland
- 11 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 12 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 13 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 14 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 15 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 16 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 17 Rocamaxour
- 18 Travelling by train across Central and Eastern Europe
- 19 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 22 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 23 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 24 venice, italy
- 25 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days