My wife and I are planning a four day, four night trip to Tuscany in mid-May. We are flying into Milan (cheapest flight we could find) and already have a car booked there for the duration of our trip. After reading many reviews and exploring many options, we would like to base ourselves if Florence, and take day trips to various Tuscany country side towns. We would really like to keep the car as for ease of exploration, but we understand that driving in Florence is a terrible idea.
Is there a hostel/hotel/B&B in Florence that would not be an absolute horror to drive to and find parking?
Would ditching the car, taking a train from Milan to Florence, and using buses to tour the country side a better idea?
Any suggestions will be helpful to an unexperienced Tuscany traveler.
Staying in Florence with a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 2 10 Hours in Brussels
- 3 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 4 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 9 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 10 destination wedding
- 11 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 12 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 13 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 16 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 17 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 18 London Private Detectives
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Calling Jamikins
- 21 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?
- 24 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 25 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station