My wife and I are planning a four day, four night trip to Tuscany in mid-May. We are flying into Milan (cheapest flight we could find) and already have a car booked there for the duration of our trip. After reading many reviews and exploring many options, we would like to base ourselves if Florence, and take day trips to various Tuscany country side towns. We would really like to keep the car as for ease of exploration, but we understand that driving in Florence is a terrible idea.
Is there a hostel/hotel/B&B in Florence that would not be an absolute horror to drive to and find parking?
Would ditching the car, taking a train from Milan to Florence, and using buses to tour the country side a better idea?
Any suggestions will be helpful to an unexperienced Tuscany traveler.
Staying in Florence with a car
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 2 Budget for 3 Month's
- 3 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 4 Questions for my German friends
- 5 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 6 London visit
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 9 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 10 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 11 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 12 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 21 Days in Central Europe
- 21 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 22 Lofoten ferry
- 23 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 24 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 25 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?