My wife and I are planning a four day, four night trip to Tuscany in mid-May. We are flying into Milan (cheapest flight we could find) and already have a car booked there for the duration of our trip. After reading many reviews and exploring many options, we would like to base ourselves if Florence, and take day trips to various Tuscany country side towns. We would really like to keep the car as for ease of exploration, but we understand that driving in Florence is a terrible idea.
Is there a hostel/hotel/B&B in Florence that would not be an absolute horror to drive to and find parking?
Would ditching the car, taking a train from Milan to Florence, and using buses to tour the country side a better idea?
Any suggestions will be helpful to an unexperienced Tuscany traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 So much to do, so little time!
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Baby Milk
- 9 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 17 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 18 Super Cover For Hertz
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Hotel in Vienna