My wife and I are planning a four day, four night trip to Tuscany in mid-May. We are flying into Milan (cheapest flight we could find) and already have a car booked there for the duration of our trip. After reading many reviews and exploring many options, we would like to base ourselves if Florence, and take day trips to various Tuscany country side towns. We would really like to keep the car as for ease of exploration, but we understand that driving in Florence is a terrible idea.
Is there a hostel/hotel/B&B in Florence that would not be an absolute horror to drive to and find parking?
Would ditching the car, taking a train from Milan to Florence, and using buses to tour the country side a better idea?
Any suggestions will be helpful to an unexperienced Tuscany traveler.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 4 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 5 Verona and Lake Garda
- 6 20 Days in Europe
- 7 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 8 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 9 Andalucia in December
- 10 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 11 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 12 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 13 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 14 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 15 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 16 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 4 days in switzerland
- 19 European Cooking Secrets
- 20 Basque country ideas
- 21 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 22 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 23 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 24 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 25 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve