I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 2 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 5 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 6 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 7 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 8 19 countries in a day
- 9 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 10 Advice please...
- 11 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 12 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 13 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 14 Paris before xmas or after
- 15 Last night in Italy advice
- 16 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 17 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 18 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?
- 21 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 22 Transports in Santorini
- 23 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 24 Europe Itinerary
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?