I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 Need help on best 7 day Istanbul / Cappadocia end of April itinerary
- 3 active activities in Marmaris, Myrina (Lemnos), and Patmos?
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Northern Italy itinerary critique - please
- 6 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 7 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 8 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 9 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 10 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 11 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 12 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 13 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 14 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 15 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 16 2 weeks in Europe
- 17 Matisse at Tate
- 18 Ireland Southwest
- 19 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 20 Restaurant Recommendations for Lisbon
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 23 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 24 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)