I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 2 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Skiing in France
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 8 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 9 Travelling within schegen while extension is pending
- 10 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 12 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 15 Museums in Berlin
- 16 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 17 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 18 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 19 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 20 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 21 Spain traffic tickets
- 22 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 23 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 25 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome