I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 2 Mediterranean/Provence, February - March 2016
- 3 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 4 Sea side in Italy
- 5 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 6 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Where to stay 2 nights in la Céré France?
- 9 European Backpacking
- 10 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 11 Help! Itinerary suggestion for 35 days in Italy and France.
- 12 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 13 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 14 2 week Europe trip adivce
- 15 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 16 Spain in 17 days
- 17 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 18 Booking Engines You trust?
- 19 Spain in 17 days
- 20 Amalfi, Capri, Sicily, Sardinia, or croatia
- 21 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 22 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 23 Where should we go in early- to mid-May: Spain, Greece, Croatia?
- 24 Insight on budgeting
- 25 Our first trip to Europe