I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 2 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 3 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 4 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 5 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 6 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 7 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 8 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 9 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 10 BMW European Delivery program
- 11 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 12 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 13 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 14 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 15 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 16 Eating in University cafeterias
- 17 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 18 travel to western Europe from India
- 19 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 20 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 21 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 22 wineries near Ronda
- 23 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 24 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.
- 25 Scotland - 1 week itinerary