I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 2 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 3 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 6 3 day trip from London to Edinburgh, Dublin, Stockholm or Helsinki+Tallin
- 7 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 8 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 11 Trains
- 12 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 13 Portugual travel to Compostella, spain
- 14 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 15 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 16 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 17 flights to Lisbon from NYC area
- 18 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 19 Positano in high season???
- 20 Travel by train in Poland?
- 21 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 22 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 23 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 24 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 25 Venice: Secret Itineraries Tour