I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 2 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 3 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 4 Spain - Andalucia
- 5 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Car in Prague
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 10 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 11 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 12 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 13 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 14 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 15 Lucerne & Zurich
- 16 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 17 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 18 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 Place to propose
- 21 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 22 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 23 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 24 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 25 Prague - must see