I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fashion for larger man?
- 2 Trieste and Koper
- 3 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 4 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 5 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 6 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 7 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 8 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 11 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 15 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 16 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 17 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 18 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 19 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 22 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 23 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 24 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 25 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions