I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 2 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 3 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 British Airways Carry-On Luggage - Need Help!
- 6 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 7 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 10 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 11 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 12 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 13 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 14 Top 5 choices from London
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Transportation in Paris
- 17 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 18 Greek Island honeymoon
- 19 2 Days in Brussels
- 20 Santorini (Greece) : Ferries pros and cons
- 21 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 22 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 23 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 24 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 25 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?