I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 4 Air pollution in Paris
- 5 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 8 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 9 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 10 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 11 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 12 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 13 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 16 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 17 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 18 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 19 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 20 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Naxos in May
- 23 Belfast to Scotland help
- 24 20 days in Germany
- 25 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization