I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds first time
- 2 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 3 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 4 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 5 Bibich Winery
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 8 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 9 Travel during Ferragosto?
- 10 Honeymoon Decision?
- 11 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 12 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 13 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 14 First Trip to Europe
- 15 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 16 Cornwall or Paris?
- 17 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 18 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 19 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 20 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 21 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 22 London hotel tax is 20%
- 23 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 24 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 25 Ireland or Scotland