I am beginning my trip for our anniversary in Porto Ercole for three nights. We were than suppose to drive from there to Florence stopping in Sienna just for lunch and staying two nights in Florence before we go to Venice for three nights. I have been to Florence a few times already and was thinking I am missing out by not staying somewhere in Tuscany instead. What do you think? Where would you stay for a couple of nights? Would you go to Florence once again since it is easy to take the train to Venice or drive from Porto Ercole to a location in Tuscany and stay two nights doing day trips around? Any suggestions? We love food and wine and honestly I don't think I'm going back to the Uffizi this trip Also this is the first week in July so I am afraid it will be HOT and CROWDED. Might be nice to be in the country side with a pool?
Stay in Tuscany or Florence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 2 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 3 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 4 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 I dream of Europe
- 7 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 8 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 11 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Weekend in Norfolk
- 14 Athens at New Years
- 15 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 16 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 17 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 18 Cotswold Churches
- 19 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 20 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 21 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 22 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 23 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 24 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 25 Live ( almost) report from Greece!