Hello, Fodorites ~
After much planning, now I'm second-guessing part of the itinerary for our upcoming trip this fall ~ mainly because I love fachwerk/historic architecture and keep discovering little towns that I'm dying to see. I realize I can't see it all, we hate rushing around, and I'm sure we'll be back (this is my 5th trip to Germany). But I'm still having a hard time with this one, would love your opinions:
3 nights/2 days in Bamberg.
Then a long travel day (via train) from Bamberg to Lueneburg, stopping at Celle and Hann. Muenden for a few hours en route.
2 nights/2 days in Bamberg.
Then an afternoon train to Hann. Muenden (overnight), then continue on to Lueneburg the next day, possibly stopping at Goettingen, as well as Celle.
*Is it worth sacrificing a third night in Bamberg for a night in Hann. Muenden (and possibly Goettingen), or will I be sorry I have to leave Bamberg so soon?
*Is an overnight in Hann. Muenden worth it, or should we just try to see it for a few hours en route north?
I welcome all of your thoughts/suggestions! Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wake Up Mods
- 2 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 3 Greece and Italy Combo
- 4 Which city order makes most sense?
- 5 favorite app for converting US $$
- 6 Trip in September
- 7 SNCF - low price for summer
- 8 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 9 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 10 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 11 Best of Norway
- 12 a week in Lombardia
- 13 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 14 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 15 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 16 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 17 One week in London with kids
- 18 Light weight small converter?
- 19 Positano Surprise
- 20 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 21 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 22 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
Stay in Hannoversch Muenden versus another night in Bamberg?
Hello, Fodorites ~