Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 2 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 3 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 4 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 5 Wines charted by flavor
- 6 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 7 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 8 at what point should one get health insurance
- 9 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 10 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 11 4 Months in Europe
- 12 Spain in November
- 13 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 14 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 15 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 16 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 17 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 18 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 19 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 20 Milan at the end of September
- 21 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 22 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 23 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 24 Tipping in the UK
- 25 floods in Andalucia