Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 3 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 4 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 5 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 6 Which apartment/area in London?
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 9 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 10 Driving in Germany
- 11 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 12 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 13 Venice - boats on canals
- 14 Venice, just arrived
- 15 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 16 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 17 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 18 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 19 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 20 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 21 capital one 360 debit card use in italy
- 22 Prepaid cell phone, CDG
- 23 Stockholm Trip Report
- 24 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between