Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 2 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 3 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 4 Pompeii train to Naples
- 5 Small group for Colosseum
- 6 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 No points in Paris .....
- 9 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 10 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 11 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 12 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 13 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 16 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 17 best time to book accommodation
- 18 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 19 Stay near Paris
- 20 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 21 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 22 Sicily - not a trip report
- 23 Chip but no PIN
- 24 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 25 Questions for my German friends