Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
View all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 3 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 4 Gogartys, Dublin
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 7 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 8 Planning a holiday
- 9 Europe with young teens
- 10 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 11 15 days in Europe,
- 12 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 19 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 20 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 24 Prague - must see
- 25 Sicily 10 days