Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Areas to stay
- 2 Wengen to Torino?
- 3 St Germain
- 4 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 5 Lakes District UK
- 6 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 7 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 10 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 11 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 12 otel.com / metglobal.com is a scam
- 13 how about a Malaga lunch?
- 14 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 15 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 16 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 17 England & Scotland in April
- 18 Rental car scams in Italy
- 19 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 20 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 21 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 22 Unique Venice Activity
- 23 22 days or DIY tour
- 24 Careful now in train stations even after security
- 25 Best way to get from paris to florence?