Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 3 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 4 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 5 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 6 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 7 1 week in the Cyclades
- 8 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 9 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 10 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 11 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 12 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 15 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Schengen Visa Rules
- 18 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 19 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 20 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 23 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 24 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 25 Is my plan ok