Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car rental Italy/Croatia
- 2 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 3 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 4 Germany for 3 weeks
- 5 Trip Report / Amsterdam - Haarlem - Bruges - Paris / by train
- 6 Top Sights for Northern Ireland
- 7 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 8 Vienna and side trips
- 9 Nature of France
- 10 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 11 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 12 Rome - Vatican and Catacomb
- 13 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 14 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 15 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 16 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 17 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 18 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 19 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 20 Gift for French business associate
- 21 Back to Provence in 2015
- 22 In Search of Wedding Shoes in Paris
- 23 where to base in Valle D itria
- 24 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May