Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 2 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Sea side in Italy
- 5 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 6 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 7 Stay in Venice
- 8 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 9 Questions for Paris residents
- 10 Airoport transfers from Dublin airport
- 11 Baltic cruise ports
- 12 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 13 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 14 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 15 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 16 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 17 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 18 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 19 Central European train travel
- 20 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 21 Berlin: evening dining
- 22 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 23 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 24 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 25 Mont St. Michele?