Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 2 Stay away from EF Tours
- 3 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 4 How do you find French food?
- 5 where to stay in Germany
- 6 Iceland for 2.5 weeks till mid october : Advice please
- 7 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 8 going to italy
- 9 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 10 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 11 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 12 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 13 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 14 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 15 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 16 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 17 Fine with a rental car in Italy
- 18 Rentals car in Italy: FAQ
- 19 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 20 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 21 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Help! Apartment near Parc de Passy or near Rue de Commerce!?
- 24 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 25 Ayasofya Hotel