Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photographer in Paris?
- 2 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 First visit to France in November
- 5 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 6 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 7 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 10 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 11 Advice please...
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 14 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 15 Which hotel in London?
- 16 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 17 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 18 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 19 19 countries in a day
- 20 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 21 Venice; recommendations
- 22 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Greece in November - How's my Itinerary?
- 25 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal