Will have 5 nights in Istanbul to start and one whole day at end before flying out. Would be leaving there on April 23, so should we fly to Cappadocia first, rent a car then head through Konya to Antalya and head back uo coast to Izmir. Or fly to Izmir and end up in Cappadocia. It was suggested also to fly to Cappadocia first, then fly to Izmir and not drive southwest through mountains, Konya, Lakes etc at all. Then from Izmir head south and train or fly back from Antalya. My husband is not really a city guy, we love hiking and great scenery. Weather at this time is a factor as well. Please give me input as itinerary.
Start in Cappadocia or Izmir-have16 days outside Istanbul
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Travel by train or bus
- 3 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 4 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 10 first european holiday itinery
- 11 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 17 Cyprus in December
- 18 Cyprus photo gallery
- 19 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Which travel plan?
- 22 Florence in October
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 25 Vespa Tours of Tuscany