We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 2 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 3 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 4 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 5 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 6 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 7 First Time Solo Travel info
- 8 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 9 Budapest Hotels
- 10 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 11 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 12 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 13 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 14 London's Must Sights!
- 15 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 16 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 17 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 18 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 19 4 days in switzerland
- 20 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 21 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 22 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 23 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford