We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 3 Dublin Leap Card
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 6 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 7 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 8 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 11 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 12 Piedmont as a destination
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Garda Land
- 17 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 20 2 weeks Europe trip
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 23 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 24 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 25 Cordoba Overnight?