We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 2 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 3 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 7 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 8 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 9 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 10 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 20 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 21 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 24 English Countryside
- 25 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice