We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
St. Wolfgang v/s Zell Am See
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 2 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 3 9 days in turkey
- 4 Burg Eltz
- 5 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 6 Germany-berlin marathon
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 11 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 12 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 13 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 14 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 15 itinerary help
- 16 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 17 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 18 Nice Video about Poland
- 19 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 20 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 21 Reims for a day
- 22 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 23 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Toulouse and beyond -