We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
St. Wolfgang v/s Zell Am See
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 2 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 3 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Hotels that we found special
- 8 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 14 Too many Trip Reports
- 15 Great London Bars with a view
- 16 Rome Food Tour
- 17 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 18 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 19 Art in Paris
- 20 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 21 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 22 Rental car while in Ireland
- 23 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 24 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 25 Roussillon, a photo essay