We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
St. Wolfgang v/s Zell Am See
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 2 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 3 Night Train - Need help
- 4 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 5 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 6 White Villages base?
- 7 Traveling to France
- 8 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 9 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 10 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 11 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 12 using airbnb for the first time...
- 13 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 14 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 15 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 16 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 17 Stamps... I'm confused!
- 18 Anyone used a tour company to see Mainland Greece, suggestions please?
- 19 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 20 London GTG late September?
- 21 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 22 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 23 Three day visit to Loire Valley
- 24 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!