We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitala
- 2 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 5 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 6 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Which Hotel in Rome
- 9 6 Days in Italy
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 12 SE ITALY
- 13 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 14 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 17 renting
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 20 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 21 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 22 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 23 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 24 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 25 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?