We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway fjord
- 2 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 7 days in Greece
- 5 Italy
- 6 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 9 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 10 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 11 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 12 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 15 Praiana to Positano
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 18 Another Book List for Italy
- 19 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 20 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 21 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 22 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 23 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 24 Venice
- 25 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites