We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
St. Wolfgang v/s Zell Am See
- 1 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 2 Venice in Jan
- 3 Trieste as a day trip?
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Lucerne & Zurich
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 8 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 9 Frankfurt Macarons
- 10 Trip around Spain
- 11 Lake como
- 12 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 13 Getting around in Tuscany
- 14 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 15 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 16 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 17 Public transport from Ostuni
- 18 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 19 British drivers
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 22 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 25 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!