We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in August
- 2 Valencia Spain
- 3 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 4 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 7 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 13 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 14 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 15 The DCC scam is spreading
- 16 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 17 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 18 Lake Como,Italy
- 19 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 Train travel to and from Paris
- 22 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 23 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 24 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland