We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train / Calabria
- 2 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 3 16 days in France and Italy
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 11 Lisbon - a few tips
- 12 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 13 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 14 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 15 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 16 Avoid Europcar!
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 Scotland - We're Here!
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 21 European Vacation 2017
- 22 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 23 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 24 Need help in completing trip details
- 25 Odd Question - freezer and microwave