We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 2 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 3 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 5 French Basque country
- 6 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 7 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Three girls in Naples
- 9 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 10 driving loop in Normandy
- 11 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 12 Toledo, Spain
- 13 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 14 Copenhagen Dress Code
- 15 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 16 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 17 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
- 18 Three day trips from Amsterdam
- 19 8 nights Geneva to Zurich itinerary ideas
- 20 Wurzberg parking outside of city
- 21 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 22 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 23 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 24 Lovely naples
- 25 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)