We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 2 First Time Europe Trip
- 3 Amalfi or Positano
- 4 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 8 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 9 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 10 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 11 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Tour or independent
- 15 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 16 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 17 Hertz Never Lost
- 18 student in denmark
- 19 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 20 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 21 Sardinia, Italy and surrounding islands
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 24 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 25 Local Paris Restaurants?