We are in the midst of planning our first trip to Austria in May 2012. We are 2 adults and 2 children below 10 years. We will have no car and will use public transport - bus & train.
We plan to be in Austria for 12 - 14 days and are looking at spending time in these areas -
Zell Am See
Can anyone recommend budget and conveniently located accomodations in these areas. We would like to stay on a farm too if it can be done. We are foodies and would like a place which is conveniently located to restaurants. Not anything touristy.
Please give your recommendations on the number of days we should keep for each area. Is it worth visiting St. Wolfgang and Zell Am See or should we give St. Wolfgang a miss?
Kindly critique our itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Seville in late January
- 3 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 4 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 5 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 6 20 free days of Europe
- 7 RFID Protection
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 10 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 11 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 12 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 13 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Travel WiFi - France
- 16 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 17 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 18 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 19 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 22 Ireland one week
- 23 Berlin restaurant recs
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 Spain Trip Report