We will be in St Petersburg for 2 full days in June. We can probably get visas at the embassy in NYC. Do we really need a tour guide or can we find our way around on our own? So far, the tours I have looked at allow just a few hours at the Hermitage and I can't imagine spending less than 4 -5 hrs there.
st Petersburg - is a tour guide really necessary?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland or Scotland
- 2 I dream of Europe
- 3 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 4 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 5 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 6 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 7 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 8 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 9 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 12 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 13 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Weekend in Norfolk
- 17 Athens at New Years
- 18 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 19 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 20 Cotswold Churches
- 21 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 22 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 23 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 24 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 25 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia