So, Hi everybody.
Here I am in St. Petersburg Russia. Quite a bit different than St. Petersburg, Fla. Anyways, our plan for a traditional Russian meal was derailed. We got slightly lost and the rain did not help. But, we found ourselves at a lovely restaurant called 1000 nights. Not really having a clue what kind of food they served, we figured what the hell and gave it a shot. Quite tasty decision. It was a restaurant specializing in Armenian food. I had a divine appetizer of beans filled with fragrant spices and herbs, unique and unidentifiable to me. Frank had a traditional mutton soup, that also left us curious about these flavors. The decor around us was hooka pipes and Armenian music jammed in the background. Frank had the local beer, and I saved the vodka for another night and had an Armenian specialty tasting similar to cream soda with almond and tarragon. Our next course was a delicious bubbly cheesy dish of eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers,
cooked in a clay bowl. It was fresh and flavorful . Frank had a similar dish with sausage and chicken. Our meal was complimented with banter of past trips and exciting plans for this week. Being slightly indulgent, we partook in dessert. Frank had an Armenian version of Baklava. Filo dough pastry with nuts and honey. Mine was a baked apple with crushed walnuts and honey. It was a treat but did not carry too much guilt with it. The whole meal was quite economical. The discussion between the waitress and us, was frustrating and at times contained sign language, drawings and other forms of communication.
We walked around the rainy , bustling streets, past beautiful architecture. It was a short night as we need our rest from all the travel. I promise to be more lively and entertaining as I regain my strength tomorrow.
Brooke and Frank~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 6 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 7 God Save the Queen?
- 8 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 11 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 12 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 13 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 14 Milan or Turin
- 15 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Barcelona alternative
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 Spanish Medical Providers
So, Hi everybody.