So, Hi everybody.
Here I am in St. Petersburg Russia. Quite a bit different than St. Petersburg, Fla. Anyways, our plan for a traditional Russian meal was derailed. We got slightly lost and the rain did not help. But, we found ourselves at a lovely restaurant called 1000 nights. Not really having a clue what kind of food they served, we figured what the hell and gave it a shot. Quite tasty decision. It was a restaurant specializing in Armenian food. I had a divine appetizer of beans filled with fragrant spices and herbs, unique and unidentifiable to me. Frank had a traditional mutton soup, that also left us curious about these flavors. The decor around us was hooka pipes and Armenian music jammed in the background. Frank had the local beer, and I saved the vodka for another night and had an Armenian specialty tasting similar to cream soda with almond and tarragon. Our next course was a delicious bubbly cheesy dish of eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers,
cooked in a clay bowl. It was fresh and flavorful . Frank had a similar dish with sausage and chicken. Our meal was complimented with banter of past trips and exciting plans for this week. Being slightly indulgent, we partook in dessert. Frank had an Armenian version of Baklava. Filo dough pastry with nuts and honey. Mine was a baked apple with crushed walnuts and honey. It was a treat but did not carry too much guilt with it. The whole meal was quite economical. The discussion between the waitress and us, was frustrating and at times contained sign language, drawings and other forms of communication.
We walked around the rainy , bustling streets, past beautiful architecture. It was a short night as we need our rest from all the travel. I promise to be more lively and entertaining as I regain my strength tomorrow.
Brooke and Frank~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba Overnight?
- 2 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 3 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 4 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 5 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 9 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 12 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 15 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 18 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Need Information about French Alps
- 21 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 22 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 25 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
So, Hi everybody.