So, Hi everybody.
Here I am in St. Petersburg Russia. Quite a bit different than St. Petersburg, Fla. Anyways, our plan for a traditional Russian meal was derailed. We got slightly lost and the rain did not help. But, we found ourselves at a lovely restaurant called 1000 nights. Not really having a clue what kind of food they served, we figured what the hell and gave it a shot. Quite tasty decision. It was a restaurant specializing in Armenian food. I had a divine appetizer of beans filled with fragrant spices and herbs, unique and unidentifiable to me. Frank had a traditional mutton soup, that also left us curious about these flavors. The decor around us was hooka pipes and Armenian music jammed in the background. Frank had the local beer, and I saved the vodka for another night and had an Armenian specialty tasting similar to cream soda with almond and tarragon. Our next course was a delicious bubbly cheesy dish of eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers,
cooked in a clay bowl. It was fresh and flavorful . Frank had a similar dish with sausage and chicken. Our meal was complimented with banter of past trips and exciting plans for this week. Being slightly indulgent, we partook in dessert. Frank had an Armenian version of Baklava. Filo dough pastry with nuts and honey. Mine was a baked apple with crushed walnuts and honey. It was a treat but did not carry too much guilt with it. The whole meal was quite economical. The discussion between the waitress and us, was frustrating and at times contained sign language, drawings and other forms of communication.
We walked around the rainy , bustling streets, past beautiful architecture. It was a short night as we need our rest from all the travel. I promise to be more lively and entertaining as I regain my strength tomorrow.
Brooke and Frank~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 We're here!
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 7 Old European currency
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Brugge hotel help
- 22 Five night Ireland Trip
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 London Hotels
So, Hi everybody.