So, Hi everybody.
Here I am in St. Petersburg Russia. Quite a bit different than St. Petersburg, Fla. Anyways, our plan for a traditional Russian meal was derailed. We got slightly lost and the rain did not help. But, we found ourselves at a lovely restaurant called 1000 nights. Not really having a clue what kind of food they served, we figured what the hell and gave it a shot. Quite tasty decision. It was a restaurant specializing in Armenian food. I had a divine appetizer of beans filled with fragrant spices and herbs, unique and unidentifiable to me. Frank had a traditional mutton soup, that also left us curious about these flavors. The decor around us was hooka pipes and Armenian music jammed in the background. Frank had the local beer, and I saved the vodka for another night and had an Armenian specialty tasting similar to cream soda with almond and tarragon. Our next course was a delicious bubbly cheesy dish of eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers,
cooked in a clay bowl. It was fresh and flavorful . Frank had a similar dish with sausage and chicken. Our meal was complimented with banter of past trips and exciting plans for this week. Being slightly indulgent, we partook in dessert. Frank had an Armenian version of Baklava. Filo dough pastry with nuts and honey. Mine was a baked apple with crushed walnuts and honey. It was a treat but did not carry too much guilt with it. The whole meal was quite economical. The discussion between the waitress and us, was frustrating and at times contained sign language, drawings and other forms of communication.
We walked around the rainy , bustling streets, past beautiful architecture. It was a short night as we need our rest from all the travel. I promise to be more lively and entertaining as I regain my strength tomorrow.
Brooke and Frank~~
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Ireland
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 25 What to do at 7:00am
So, Hi everybody.