I have a question about Dome climb. There is an elevator that would take me to the roof of St. Peter Basilica. If I want check the top of the Dome I would have to climb another 300 steps and after that I would climb down and enter St. Peter Basilica main hall. So, my question is - is it possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica and not climbing 300 steps up ? And if it is possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica where it would take me? It would not take me outside of St. Peter Basilica? Me and my mom have decided that she would go as high as the roof but I would go to top the Dome. I just want to be sure that if she would climb down from the roof that she would enter the main hall of St. Peter Basilica (where we would be able to meet) and not accidentally somewhere else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please