I have a question about Dome climb. There is an elevator that would take me to the roof of St. Peter Basilica. If I want check the top of the Dome I would have to climb another 300 steps and after that I would climb down and enter St. Peter Basilica main hall. So, my question is - is it possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica and not climbing 300 steps up ? And if it is possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica where it would take me? It would not take me outside of St. Peter Basilica? Me and my mom have decided that she would go as high as the roof but I would go to top the Dome. I just want to be sure that if she would climb down from the roof that she would enter the main hall of St. Peter Basilica (where we would be able to meet) and not accidentally somewhere else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 4 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 4 days each in London and Paris
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 10 A few more questions about Brittany
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 12 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 London Theater
- 19 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 25 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi