I have a question about Dome climb. There is an elevator that would take me to the roof of St. Peter Basilica. If I want check the top of the Dome I would have to climb another 300 steps and after that I would climb down and enter St. Peter Basilica main hall. So, my question is - is it possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica and not climbing 300 steps up ? And if it is possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica where it would take me? It would not take me outside of St. Peter Basilica? Me and my mom have decided that she would go as high as the roof but I would go to top the Dome. I just want to be sure that if she would climb down from the roof that she would enter the main hall of St. Peter Basilica (where we would be able to meet) and not accidentally somewhere else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 2 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 7 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 8 Praiano
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 11 Help please
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 16 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 17 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 18 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 19 Rome to venice
- 20 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 21 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 22 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 23 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 Areas in Milan