I have a question about Dome climb. There is an elevator that would take me to the roof of St. Peter Basilica. If I want check the top of the Dome I would have to climb another 300 steps and after that I would climb down and enter St. Peter Basilica main hall. So, my question is - is it possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica and not climbing 300 steps up ? And if it is possible to climb down from the roof of St. Peter Basilica where it would take me? It would not take me outside of St. Peter Basilica? Me and my mom have decided that she would go as high as the roof but I would go to top the Dome. I just want to be sure that if she would climb down from the roof that she would enter the main hall of St. Peter Basilica (where we would be able to meet) and not accidentally somewhere else.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald