I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 6 Acropolis Athens
- 7 Interesting places to visit
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 15 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 16 Swiss Travel Pass
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 20 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 21 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 22 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 23 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!