I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 2 sfo to europe
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 5 Italian Riviera
- 6 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 7 Switzerland in mid-April
- 8 Rue des Rosiers
- 9 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 12 Hamam Istanbul?
- 13 Holiday in Austria
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 First Trip to Europe!
- 16 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 17 visa appointment experience
- 18 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 19 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 20 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 21 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 22 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 23 Scotland Trip
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!