I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 2 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 3 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 4 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 5 Madrid city centre?
- 6 Rome train to Positano
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 Greece Experts
- 9 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 10 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 11 Greece itinerary ideas
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 14 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 15 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 16 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 17 Car rental in Paris
- 18 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 19 France to stop making foie grois
- 20 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 21 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
- 24 Road Maps of Ireland
- 25 Barcelona attraction tickets
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!