I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 2 Trip to Pyrenees
- 3 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 4 Crete Ancient sites
- 5 Hotel in Rome?
- 6 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 10 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 11 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 12 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 13 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 14 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 15 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 16 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 20 Spending money in Italy?
- 21 Luggage advice
- 22 Ireland driving vacation
- 23 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 24 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 25 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls