I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 2 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 3 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 4 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 5 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 7 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 8 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 9 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 10 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 15 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 16 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 17 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 18 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!