I am in the processing of booking a trip to Russia (St. Petersburg and Moscow are my main destinations). I do not have a lot of vacation time so I'm trying to figure out if I should
1. Add 2 days to St. Peters (Right now will have 4 nights in SP/Moscow)
2. Add 1 night to St. Peters and one to Moscow
I have the tour books but I am not sure if I can fill my time (traveling solo) in either city... love doing anything as long as there is enough to do.
Since you are ready this post here are some odds 'n ends too...
1. Should I take any US currency with me at all or make sure I have the local currency only?
2. How early should I realistically apply for the visa... last time I tried going to Russia I was told I waited too long as the visas are notoriously slow to get
3. Any suggestions for restaurants... lots in the books but again looking for the perspective of someone who has been there...
THANKS and Happy New Years
St. Peters and Moscow... need some 2 cents from people who have been there!
- 1 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 2 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 3 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 6 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 9 first european holiday itinery
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 12 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 20 Euro Train
- 21 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 22 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Travel by train or bus
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome