Trying to figure out how to take the K-D cruise from Bacharach to Braubach to see the Marksburg castle then catch the train back to St. Goar to visit Rheinfels Castle in one day. It looks like the best plan is to go all the way to Bacharach and visit Marksburg and have a picnic. Then we would have to catch a train to St. Goarshausen and get off and take the ferry across the river to St. Goar. I can't find a train that will go direct from Braubach to St. Goar without involving a bus ride to Koblenz then a train back down to St. Goar. All I can figure is that it has to do with different sides of the river. So, can a pedestrian take the ferry...without a car? How far is it from the St. Goarshausen train station to the ferry? Can we walk in a short amount of time? Looking for Rhine experts to help me out please.
St. Goarshausen ferry question
- 1 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 2 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 3 Changing of the Guard
- 4 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 5 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 6 Germany and Italy
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 9 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 10 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 11 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 12 Car rental
- 13 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 14 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 15 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 18 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 19 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 20 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 21 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 22 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 23 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 24 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 25 London at Xmas