Hello! I'm looking for advice on how to split my time in Provence. My friend and I are spending 6 nights in Paris, then taking the TGV down to Provence and want to stay in the Luberon (we like Lourmarin) and do some hiking, vineyards, and visit some neat villages for a few days (we will have a car). Then go down to the Cote d'Azur and stay for a few days in Ste. Maxime and maybe do some more hiking and vineyards, beaches, and visit the glitzy spots like Nice, Cannes, and St, Tropez. Then go to Cassis for a couple days before flying out of Marseille. We will be in Provence a total of 7 nights and are not sure how to split the time? We are in our early 30s and single so we are worried staying more than two nights in the Luberon will be too quiet or that there won't be enough to do to fill more than three full days. Thoughts? Also, I may need to start a new thread but any recs on hotels in each place? We would rather not do a B&B because we think it will be mostly couples. Thanks!!!
splitting 7 nights among Luberon in Provence and Cote d'Azur
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation