Our first trip to Croatia, leaving May 12th, spending 2 weeks travelling and am still planning.
I’ve been reading some trip reports and following this forum to get further ideas for our trip to Croatia next month which is coming up fast. We plan to stay in a few places for at least 3-4 days each, the first being Zagreb and the 2nd destination is Split, travelling by bus.
I have two questions.
Should we buy a bus ticket in advance for Zagreb to Split online or is it fine to buy the day before? The travel day will be a Sunday and I’ve checked the schedule; there are buses leaving every half hour, so I think it should be okay to buy when we get there, but I thought I would ask.
Second, we (spouse and myself) would like to take a day trip to Hvar and I’ve checked the catamaran schedules for mid May for both of the ferry lines. (Krilo and Jadr…) They don’t appear to go very often before May31st. Can anyone on this forum confirm my reading of the Krilo timetable that there is a catamaran which leaves 7.40 am and returns to Split at either 18.35 or 19.35, but nothing on Wednesday or Thursday.
Has anyone done this day trip to an island during the “slow” season?
Thanks for your help…. Still trip planning and if anyone has stayed in a nice airBnB in Rovinj, please pass it along.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 2 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 3 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 4 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 5 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)