Our first trip to Croatia, leaving May 12th, spending 2 weeks travelling and am still planning.
I’ve been reading some trip reports and following this forum to get further ideas for our trip to Croatia next month which is coming up fast. We plan to stay in a few places for at least 3-4 days each, the first being Zagreb and the 2nd destination is Split, travelling by bus.
I have two questions.
Should we buy a bus ticket in advance for Zagreb to Split online or is it fine to buy the day before? The travel day will be a Sunday and I’ve checked the schedule; there are buses leaving every half hour, so I think it should be okay to buy when we get there, but I thought I would ask.
Second, we (spouse and myself) would like to take a day trip to Hvar and I’ve checked the catamaran schedules for mid May for both of the ferry lines. (Krilo and Jadr…) They don’t appear to go very often before May31st. Can anyone on this forum confirm my reading of the Krilo timetable that there is a catamaran which leaves 7.40 am and returns to Split at either 18.35 or 19.35, but nothing on Wednesday or Thursday.
Has anyone done this day trip to an island during the “slow” season?
Thanks for your help…. Still trip planning and if anyone has stayed in a nice airBnB in Rovinj, please pass it along.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald