Our first trip to Croatia, leaving May 12th, spending 2 weeks travelling and am still planning.
I’ve been reading some trip reports and following this forum to get further ideas for our trip to Croatia next month which is coming up fast. We plan to stay in a few places for at least 3-4 days each, the first being Zagreb and the 2nd destination is Split, travelling by bus.
I have two questions.
Should we buy a bus ticket in advance for Zagreb to Split online or is it fine to buy the day before? The travel day will be a Sunday and I’ve checked the schedule; there are buses leaving every half hour, so I think it should be okay to buy when we get there, but I thought I would ask.
Second, we (spouse and myself) would like to take a day trip to Hvar and I’ve checked the catamaran schedules for mid May for both of the ferry lines. (Krilo and Jadr…) They don’t appear to go very often before May31st. Can anyone on this forum confirm my reading of the Krilo timetable that there is a catamaran which leaves 7.40 am and returns to Split at either 18.35 or 19.35, but nothing on Wednesday or Thursday.
Has anyone done this day trip to an island during the “slow” season?
Thanks for your help…. Still trip planning and if anyone has stayed in a nice airBnB in Rovinj, please pass it along.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 2 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 3 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 4 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 5 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 Flight
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 13 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 14 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 16 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 17 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 18 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 21 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 22 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 23 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?