Our first trip to Croatia, leaving May 12th, spending 2 weeks travelling and am still planning.
I’ve been reading some trip reports and following this forum to get further ideas for our trip to Croatia next month which is coming up fast. We plan to stay in a few places for at least 3-4 days each, the first being Zagreb and the 2nd destination is Split, travelling by bus.
I have two questions.
Should we buy a bus ticket in advance for Zagreb to Split online or is it fine to buy the day before? The travel day will be a Sunday and I’ve checked the schedule; there are buses leaving every half hour, so I think it should be okay to buy when we get there, but I thought I would ask.
Second, we (spouse and myself) would like to take a day trip to Hvar and I’ve checked the catamaran schedules for mid May for both of the ferry lines. (Krilo and Jadr…) They don’t appear to go very often before May31st. Can anyone on this forum confirm my reading of the Krilo timetable that there is a catamaran which leaves 7.40 am and returns to Split at either 18.35 or 19.35, but nothing on Wednesday or Thursday.
Has anyone done this day trip to an island during the “slow” season?
Thanks for your help…. Still trip planning and if anyone has stayed in a nice airBnB in Rovinj, please pass it along.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 6 day itinerary
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 London in Winter Report
- 4 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 5 IWM
- 6 London Hotel - Different Request
- 7 Seville to Cordoba
- 8 3 nights in Madrid
- 9 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 10 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 11 Travelling Iceland
- 12 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 13 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 14 Portugal rental car
- 15 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 16 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 17 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 18 Trastevere Food
- 19 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 20 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 21 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 22 Sim Cards
- 23 Nightime Tivoli
- 24 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 25 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood