My partner and I are traveling through western Europe and the uk between mid September and mid October. All of our accomodation and travel is paid for in full, however I was hoping for some guidance regarding spending money for sights and shopping. I have saved the equivalent of about 4000 euros ($5000 aud) which will be for myself only. We are holidaying for a total of 29 days, with the following itinerary:
5 nights Paris
3 nights Amsterdam
3 nights Berlin
1 night Venice
4 nights Rome
2 nights nice
4 nights Barcelona
4 nights London
2 nights Newcastle
I'm not sure how to make sure I'm not spending too much in some places, as I know some are more expensive than others. All I have been told really is that Paris and London will be the most expensive. I was hoping for some guidance from travelers who could tell me possibly the most to least expensive places? We want to see lots of tourist attractions and I'm also a big shopper (clothes, shoes, souvenirs, makeup etc) however I'm more interested in seeing sights than buying. Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just to reassure me I've saved enough or that I need to save more! Also any tips on what to see or do would be great as its my first international trip so it's pretty overwhelming to plan.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 Where are the Mods?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 6 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 7 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 8 Visit to Engand
- 9 Cinqueterre
- 10 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 11 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 12 Help with basic itinerary
- 13 Final Four
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 16 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 17 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 18 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 19 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 22 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 23 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 24 Short Trip to Paris
- 25 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop