My partner and I are traveling through western Europe and the uk between mid September and mid October. All of our accomodation and travel is paid for in full, however I was hoping for some guidance regarding spending money for sights and shopping. I have saved the equivalent of about 4000 euros ($5000 aud) which will be for myself only. We are holidaying for a total of 29 days, with the following itinerary:
5 nights Paris
3 nights Amsterdam
3 nights Berlin
1 night Venice
4 nights Rome
2 nights nice
4 nights Barcelona
4 nights London
2 nights Newcastle
I'm not sure how to make sure I'm not spending too much in some places, as I know some are more expensive than others. All I have been told really is that Paris and London will be the most expensive. I was hoping for some guidance from travelers who could tell me possibly the most to least expensive places? We want to see lots of tourist attractions and I'm also a big shopper (clothes, shoes, souvenirs, makeup etc) however I'm more interested in seeing sights than buying. Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just to reassure me I've saved enough or that I need to save more! Also any tips on what to see or do would be great as its my first international trip so it's pretty overwhelming to plan.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Porto in January
- 2 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 3 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 Scotland itinerary advice
- 6 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 7 Rome Water Shortage
- 8 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 9 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Whistle stop family road trip
- 13 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 14 Lake Como,Italy
- 15 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 16 Help with tips in UK
- 17 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 18 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 21 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 22 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip