My partner and I are traveling through western Europe and the uk between mid September and mid October. All of our accomodation and travel is paid for in full, however I was hoping for some guidance regarding spending money for sights and shopping. I have saved the equivalent of about 4000 euros ($5000 aud) which will be for myself only. We are holidaying for a total of 29 days, with the following itinerary:
5 nights Paris
3 nights Amsterdam
3 nights Berlin
1 night Venice
4 nights Rome
2 nights nice
4 nights Barcelona
4 nights London
2 nights Newcastle
I'm not sure how to make sure I'm not spending too much in some places, as I know some are more expensive than others. All I have been told really is that Paris and London will be the most expensive. I was hoping for some guidance from travelers who could tell me possibly the most to least expensive places? We want to see lots of tourist attractions and I'm also a big shopper (clothes, shoes, souvenirs, makeup etc) however I'm more interested in seeing sights than buying. Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just to reassure me I've saved enough or that I need to save more! Also any tips on what to see or do would be great as its my first international trip so it's pretty overwhelming to plan.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 3 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 4 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 13 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 14 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Apartment Montreux area
- 22 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 An evening in London
- 25 Wine Shipping from Puglia