My partner and I are visiting Europe for 20 days in December; mostly Italy, then Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. We've already paid all the flights and hotels and all we have left are meals, tours and attractions and remaining spending money to focus our savings on.
What we have had trouble with was roughly the amount we would need. We've been told it would be 200 EUROS per day so $6000 AUD savings. We just wanted some more recent clarification with this.
For some consideration:
We're in our 20s so not too expensive stuff.
We plan to be spending standard prices for meals with a few classy dine-outs. So equivalent to $25/30AUD meals per person. Breakfast is included in most of our hotels.
We plan to go to attractions and buy most of the skip the line tickets and few out of town tours (Pompeii, Pisa) online, before we leave. But we are not sure with museums because we don't want to really being paying for them.
We will be staying central in the cities (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan) and were wondering the best and cheapest way to get around; taxi, public transport, or the hop on and off buses and some walking.
We also wanted to know the best options for regional trains between the Italian cities.
Much help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 B&B in Ireland
- 6 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 7 Europe First Timers
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 10 Trains in Italy
- 11 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 14 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Apartment Montreux area
- 22 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 23 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 24 An evening in London
- 25 Wine Shipping from Puglia