My partner and I are visiting Europe for 20 days in December; mostly Italy, then Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. We've already paid all the flights and hotels and all we have left are meals, tours and attractions and remaining spending money to focus our savings on.
What we have had trouble with was roughly the amount we would need. We've been told it would be 200 EUROS per day so $6000 AUD savings. We just wanted some more recent clarification with this.
For some consideration:
We're in our 20s so not too expensive stuff.
We plan to be spending standard prices for meals with a few classy dine-outs. So equivalent to $25/30AUD meals per person. Breakfast is included in most of our hotels.
We plan to go to attractions and buy most of the skip the line tickets and few out of town tours (Pompeii, Pisa) online, before we leave. But we are not sure with museums because we don't want to really being paying for them.
We will be staying central in the cities (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan) and were wondering the best and cheapest way to get around; taxi, public transport, or the hop on and off buses and some walking.
We also wanted to know the best options for regional trains between the Italian cities.
Much help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 2 13 nights in switzerland
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Germany-Car or Train
- 7 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 8 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 15 WWI sites
- 16 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 Paris in August
- 19 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Brussels flower tapestry
- 23 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 24 Lake Como,Italy
- 25 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe