My partner and I are visiting Europe for 20 days in December; mostly Italy, then Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. We've already paid all the flights and hotels and all we have left are meals, tours and attractions and remaining spending money to focus our savings on.
What we have had trouble with was roughly the amount we would need. We've been told it would be 200 EUROS per day so $6000 AUD savings. We just wanted some more recent clarification with this.
For some consideration:
We're in our 20s so not too expensive stuff.
We plan to be spending standard prices for meals with a few classy dine-outs. So equivalent to $25/30AUD meals per person. Breakfast is included in most of our hotels.
We plan to go to attractions and buy most of the skip the line tickets and few out of town tours (Pompeii, Pisa) online, before we leave. But we are not sure with museums because we don't want to really being paying for them.
We will be staying central in the cities (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan) and were wondering the best and cheapest way to get around; taxi, public transport, or the hop on and off buses and some walking.
We also wanted to know the best options for regional trains between the Italian cities.
Much help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Iceland trip report!
- 3 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 4 Seville to Cordoba
- 5 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 6 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 7 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 8 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 11 3 nights in Madrid
- 12 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
- 13 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 14 ATM
- 15 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 18 London 6 day itinerary
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Portugal rental car
- 21 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 22 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 23 alcazar question and seville advice
- 24 Bernese Oberland
- 25 Burgundy/Beaune & Dijon