My partner and I are visiting Europe for 20 days in December; mostly Italy, then Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. We've already paid all the flights and hotels and all we have left are meals, tours and attractions and remaining spending money to focus our savings on.
What we have had trouble with was roughly the amount we would need. We've been told it would be 200 EUROS per day so $6000 AUD savings. We just wanted some more recent clarification with this.
For some consideration:
We're in our 20s so not too expensive stuff.
We plan to be spending standard prices for meals with a few classy dine-outs. So equivalent to $25/30AUD meals per person. Breakfast is included in most of our hotels.
We plan to go to attractions and buy most of the skip the line tickets and few out of town tours (Pompeii, Pisa) online, before we leave. But we are not sure with museums because we don't want to really being paying for them.
We will be staying central in the cities (Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan) and were wondering the best and cheapest way to get around; taxi, public transport, or the hop on and off buses and some walking.
We also wanted to know the best options for regional trains between the Italian cities.
Much help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 Italy in 11 Days
- 3 French election
- 4 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 5 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 6 Things to do in Montpellier
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 9 Trip to Rome
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 12 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 13 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 14 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 15 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 16 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 19 3 week trip with children
- 20 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 24 What is a good chip and pin card that works in Europe?
- 25 test