I think I got flashed in a tunnel in Paris last fall. When I returned the rental car there was some funny business. About 10 days later Hertz put an administrative charge on my card. Since the charge was not explained I disputed it (and later won). I later found out that it may have been the administrative fee for providing my information to the French authorities, however, I never received a ticket. Since I disputed the charge, Hertz won't talk to me. I've called both the Consulate in Denver and San Francisco. They're no help. I've looked at their on-line link which is only usable if you have a ticket and are trying to pay it. Can anybody advise who I would contact to find out if I do have a ticked to pay? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lu3ky` : AOL MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855/999 *8045 aol MAIL 24*7
- 2 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 5 Iceland trip report!
- 6 Anniversary trip to France
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 12 Paris and Normandy
- 13 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 London Hotel - Different Request
- 16 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 19 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Airport Transit Visa
- 24 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 25 Roma...any ideas for exploration?