I think I got flashed in a tunnel in Paris last fall. When I returned the rental car there was some funny business. About 10 days later Hertz put an administrative charge on my card. Since the charge was not explained I disputed it (and later won). I later found out that it may have been the administrative fee for providing my information to the French authorities, however, I never received a ticket. Since I disputed the charge, Hertz won't talk to me. I've called both the Consulate in Denver and San Francisco. They're no help. I've looked at their on-line link which is only usable if you have a ticket and are trying to pay it. Can anybody advise who I would contact to find out if I do have a ticked to pay? Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 2 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 3 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 4 Drinks in Spain
- 5 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 6 12 days europe
- 7 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 10 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 11 Ali
- 12 Christmas Week in London
- 13 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 14 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 15 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 16 Too much for one day?
- 17 Travel WiFi - France
- 18 Italy for the first time
- 19 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 20 RFID Protection
- 21 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Germany and Austria trip report
- 23 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 24 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 25 London Itinerary and Questions