We just received a surprise "letter" from Republique Francaise. It's all in French so it took us awhile to realize it's actually a speeding ticket from our travels in Southwest France four months ago. Has this happened to any one of you readers? It's for 45euros if paid within 20 days....after that it becomes 65euros. It was on Rte 113 outside of Nimes. My husband is always very careful about following speed limits and doesn't remember ever seeing any signs posted. Our French neighbor said, "You're not going to pay it, are you?"
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 Travel by train or bus
- 6 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 7 Advises for trip to Russia
- 8 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Amsterdam, Paris, and Bruges
- 11 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 12 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 14 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 15 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 16 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 17 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 18 Driving where to stop question June 2014
- 19 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 To Paris and Provence in June
- 24 Where to watch Italy vs Costa Rica World Cup match in Rome
- 25 How to get from airport to Venice city