We just received a surprise "letter" from Republique Francaise. It's all in French so it took us awhile to realize it's actually a speeding ticket from our travels in Southwest France four months ago. Has this happened to any one of you readers? It's for 45euros if paid within 20 days....after that it becomes 65euros. It was on Rte 113 outside of Nimes. My husband is always very careful about following speed limits and doesn't remember ever seeing any signs posted. Our French neighbor said, "You're not going to pay it, are you?"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What still confounds you about travel?
- 2 Train to Airport in Venice
- 3 Chip but no PIN
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland