We just received a surprise "letter" from Republique Francaise. It's all in French so it took us awhile to realize it's actually a speeding ticket from our travels in Southwest France four months ago. Has this happened to any one of you readers? It's for 45euros if paid within 20 days....after that it becomes 65euros. It was on Rte 113 outside of Nimes. My husband is always very careful about following speed limits and doesn't remember ever seeing any signs posted. Our French neighbor said, "You're not going to pay it, are you?"
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 2 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 3 22 year olds in Europe
- 4 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 5 Granada
- 6 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 7 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 8 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 9 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 10 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 11 Coffee in Naples
- 12 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 13 A Sardinia trip report
- 14 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 15 First time Ireland trip
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 18 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Helsinki-Stockhom ferry question re: Arlanda connection
- 23 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 24 Eastern Europe
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?