Here is my story.
I was flashed for speeding at Schaffhausen in Switzerland and after 6 weeks i have received a notification from the rental agency Buchbinder, Germany via mail that i have to pay a processing fee of 30 euros, since they dont have my correct address. I think the processing fee is normal, and they charge it for providing my details to the police in Switzerland. However, i haven't received any letter of fine from the police. I dont think they have my right address (because it was my previous city's address on my Ausweis). At the time i was flashed, i was driving 5 to 10 kmph more than the limit, inside the city. Now my question is whether to skip the fee and fine or to pay it.?
P.S: Buchbinder have only my ATM card details and so its not possible for them to charge my ATM card and they neither have my correct address.
Thank you very much for the suggestions in advance..!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Norwegian Air?
- 5 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 6 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 7 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 8 Highclare Castle
- 9 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 10 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 11 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 12 Salzburg itinerary review
- 13 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 14 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 15 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 16 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 17 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 18 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 19 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 20 Spain: train/rental car help
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger