Good day all ,
We are arriving in Avignon in June 22 morning, by train.
And departing from Marseille airport on June 27 morning.
Can you please advise on how we should plan our accomodation?
Should we explore Avignon on the day of June 22 and stay in accomodation in Avignon on the night of June 22? And then on daytime of June 23, move to an accomodation in one of the smaller towns and villages - to which village, it has not been decided yet. ( it could cover Gordes, Menerbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, Lacoste, Buoux, Saignon, L'isle sur la Sorgue, etc ) So for June 23, 24, to explore the small towns and villages, and lavender fields, vineyards, see the picturesque landscape and views Provence is known for.
For June 25 daytime to move from the small villages to Aix en Provence. For evening of June 25, and 26, stay in an accomodation in Aix en Provence. so 2 nights in Aix. And then from Aix, go to Marseille airport on June 27 morning.
What do you think of this plan?
1 night stay in Avignon - Jun 22
2 night stay in some Luberon village - Jun 23, 24
2 night stay in Aix - Jun 25, 26
Are we allocating to short of a time in the villages and 2 much time in Aix?
Instead of staying in 3 different places of accomodation, should we just stay in maximum 2 places of accomodation? Or maybe just be based in 1 place for the whole 5 nights? But where would it be?
Please advise on your tips on these on how we should plan our accomodation and itinerary to explore Avignon, the small towns and villages, and also Aix.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 2 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 8 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 9 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 10 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 11 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 12 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 13 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 18 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 19 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 20 Lyon france-- rental car
- 21 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 22 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Greece mainland and islands
Specific Recommendation for Accomodation in Avignon, Aix, or Luberon
Good day all ,