We are visiting our daughter who is living in Cordoba this December. We have been to Spain before and have spent time in Andalucia. We are thinking of flying to Madrid and going to Codoba to see our daughter's place and then we'll all head up to Barcelona and Costa Brava area! Maybe Pyranees. Then most likely fly out of Barcelona. My husband would like to try to spend a few days in a wine region. And that's why I'm writing to all of you. How/where would you suggest we fit that in? Is the Rioja region the place to go or is there a better one that makes more sense with the direction we are heading? Also, are they even open that time of year (dec 18 - jan 4)
Spanish wineries in December
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 3 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 4 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 One more last question on Bayeux
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 9 Spain - Andalucia
- 10 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 11 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 12 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Trip around Spain
- 15 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 16 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Medieval Tallinn
- 23 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested