We( 2 adults and two boys-teens) are in the planning stages of a 12 days trip. (end of June 2010) We are thinking of Spain and perhaps Portugal also. If you had limited time, and wanted to get a taste of Spain (and Portugal), what would be your recommendations? ( spending two nights min. in a location~ but would stay longer if needed and limiting other locations) Our only desire would be to end the trip with three days (2 nights) on the coast for R&R.
Thank you for helping to guide me in a place to start our research. ( I will purchase guide books but wanted to make sure this is for us before doing so.)
fyi- The boys are well traveled and still love to sight see with us. (so in other words… we are not worried about finding things to entertain them.. the trip will do that)
thank you again
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French immersion courses in France
- 2 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 5 Paris---baguette question???
- 6 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 7 Europe in late January
- 8 Fast Trak service at SVO airport
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 Where to stay in London?
- 13 What type of visa is right for me?
- 14 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 15 Visiting Spain in January
- 16 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 17 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 18 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 19 Loving Lisbon
- 20 Booking hotels before trains
- 21 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 22 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 RHK's Fall escape