Normally I'm planning a big trip to some far flung place for just my immediate family. But a big group of mom's and dad's have given into our children and we are booked on the Disney Cruise departing Barcelona on August 16, 2014. After we return, we will have 8 days for Barcelona and Andalusia or Barcelona and Morocco and really get to explore.
But I'm taking it one bite at a time and writing about Barcelona only. For more info, we are 5 families with a total of 10 adults and 13 children ranging in ages of 5-12 when we travel. We want to hit all the sites like the Gaudi landmarks, La Sagrada Familia, La Rambla, etc. We would also like to experience a few Tapas bars and other great restaurants. We will walk, take the subway and hire cars if necessary to see the city.
Because we are such a large group, we are in need of a great tour guide who can seamlessly plan all of our activities, purchase advance tickets, coordinate necessary transportation and show us the key sights but also some "off the beaten track" areas of the city as well. We need someone adept at planning for large groups and families with children.
Based on this site and TA, I've come up with the following tour guides to check out and would like your feedback if anyone has used their services. If so, how were they and do you think they would do a good job with our group?
Hi This is Barcelona!
My other question is how many days we should stay in Barcelona. We are thinking 3 nights after the cruise and an additional 1/2 day and night prior to our departure the following morning. This will allow us to see additional sites in Spain or Morocco. Is this enough time in your opinion? I would love your feedback.
Thanks all. I know I will be back for more, especially about Andalusia!
Have great day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days itinerary for France
- 2 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 3 Rent a car in England
- 4 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 5 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 6 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 7 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 8 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 11 3 weeks in Spain
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 17 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 18 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 19 Edinburgh to Skye
- 20 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 21 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 22 Croatia transportation question.
- 23 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 24 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!