Normally I'm planning a big trip to some far flung place for just my immediate family. But a big group of mom's and dad's have given into our children and we are booked on the Disney Cruise departing Barcelona on August 16, 2014. After we return, we will have 8 days for Barcelona and Andalusia or Barcelona and Morocco and really get to explore.
But I'm taking it one bite at a time and writing about Barcelona only. For more info, we are 5 families with a total of 10 adults and 13 children ranging in ages of 5-12 when we travel. We want to hit all the sites like the Gaudi landmarks, La Sagrada Familia, La Rambla, etc. We would also like to experience a few Tapas bars and other great restaurants. We will walk, take the subway and hire cars if necessary to see the city.
Because we are such a large group, we are in need of a great tour guide who can seamlessly plan all of our activities, purchase advance tickets, coordinate necessary transportation and show us the key sights but also some "off the beaten track" areas of the city as well. We need someone adept at planning for large groups and families with children.
Based on this site and TA, I've come up with the following tour guides to check out and would like your feedback if anyone has used their services. If so, how were they and do you think they would do a good job with our group?
Hi This is Barcelona!
My other question is how many days we should stay in Barcelona. We are thinking 3 nights after the cruise and an additional 1/2 day and night prior to our departure the following morning. This will allow us to see additional sites in Spain or Morocco. Is this enough time in your opinion? I would love your feedback.
Thanks all. I know I will be back for more, especially about Andalusia!
Have great day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 2 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 5 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 6 retruning to US with souveniers
- 7 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 10 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 13 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 10 days in London in early December
- 16 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 17 Berlin to ?
- 18 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 19 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 20 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 21 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 22 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 23 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 24 Scotland in December
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como