I am going to be studying abroad in Madrid for a month this summer. Afterward, I will be going on a trip with family or friends in Europe for around 10 days. Would y'all recommend a trip through the rest of Spain (Barcelona, Granada, etc), or instead going to Central Europe--we are thinking Switzerland, Austria, and the Czech Republic. Last year, I went to London, Paris, Florence, Venice, and Rome, and loved all of it. I have wanted to go to Switzerland since I was a little girl, but since I am already going to be in Madrid, I feel it may be more convenient for us to tour Spain. What are your thoughts?
We will probably be going in late July/early August. Whether or not I'm going to be traveling with my friends or family is TBD. We are a family of 4, ages 16, 19, and parents in early 40s. Family's thoughts on this are open.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Legal documents assistants
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport