I am going to be studying abroad in Madrid for a month this summer. Afterward, I will be going on a trip with family or friends in Europe for around 10 days. Would y'all recommend a trip through the rest of Spain (Barcelona, Granada, etc), or instead going to Central Europe--we are thinking Switzerland, Austria, and the Czech Republic. Last year, I went to London, Paris, Florence, Venice, and Rome, and loved all of it. I have wanted to go to Switzerland since I was a little girl, but since I am already going to be in Madrid, I feel it may be more convenient for us to tour Spain. What are your thoughts?
We will probably be going in late July/early August. Whether or not I'm going to be traveling with my friends or family is TBD. We are a family of 4, ages 16, 19, and parents in early 40s. Family's thoughts on this are open.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 9 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 10 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 11 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 16 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 24 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 25 Destination ideas for 88 year old