We (me, my husband and our 11 year old twins) are planning our first trip to Spain next summer and I am starting to try to pin down our itinerary. I have some questions about trains vs. renting a car. At the end of the trip, we will want to travel from San Sebastián to Tossa de Mar. We will probably stay in Tossa for around 5 nights and then we will fly out of Barcelona.
We would prefer to take the train from SS to Tossa, but I have looked at Rome2Rio and I see that it will take longer to take the train than to rent a car. Also, I am guessing 4 train tickets will be more expensive than renting a car. We are on a budget and want to be economical.
1) Does anyone know if it is possible to take a more direct train route to Tossa from SS than going through Barcelona (that is what comes up on Rome2Rio)?
2) If we rent a car in San Sebastián, is there anyplace near Tossa were we can drop it off? That would be my ideal, but I checked AutoEurope and don't see that we could drop in Tossa, Girona, Lloret de Mar or Blanes. Any other thoughts?
3) I thought of keeping the car in Tossa and returning at the airport in Barcelona, but it is expensive. The basic rental rate includes liability and fire. But it gets a lot more expensive if I were to add Collison Damage Waiver and Theft Protection. Do I need those if I have my own car insurance in the US?
Any other thoughts?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 임팩트바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 3 Safety in Rome
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 7 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Crete Holiday
- 11 Athens Help
- 12 One free day in Barcelona
- 13 Apartment Montreux area
- 14 Uber vs. TfL
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 17 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 18 base in brussels
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam