I am in Spain and would like to travel to Italy by train. I'd fly but my tourist visa runs out before Italy. I am planning for two weeks in Italy starting in Tuscany (Florence) and working my way down to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. My question is, what is the best train route from Spain to Italy? I'm finding some trains leaving from Girona but the sites I've found show nothing available. It's quite confusing using Eurotrail site in determining the cheapest and fastest option from one city in Spain to Italy. Time is not an issue for me since I do not have a return flight back to the U.S. yet which means I can be on a train for 20+ hours. What's important to me is traveling on a budget (which is unfortunate because fights are the cheapest). For any of you that have traveled by train from anywhere in Spain to Italy, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
*Sidenote: I fully understand that overstaying my visa is against the EU regulations so please I am only looking for advice on what's the best route from Spain to Italy by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 2 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 3 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 4 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 5 Day trips by train from Milan
- 6 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 7 London Paris
- 8 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 9 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 10 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 11 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 12 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 13 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 14 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 15 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 16 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 17 London dining service charge
- 18 Advance Booking for Spain
- 19 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 20 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 21 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 22 Norwegian air
- 23 3 Wake-up calls
- 24 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 25 Scotland Question