I am in Spain and would like to travel to Italy by train. I'd fly but my tourist visa runs out before Italy. I am planning for two weeks in Italy starting in Tuscany (Florence) and working my way down to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. My question is, what is the best train route from Spain to Italy? I'm finding some trains leaving from Girona but the sites I've found show nothing available. It's quite confusing using Eurotrail site in determining the cheapest and fastest option from one city in Spain to Italy. Time is not an issue for me since I do not have a return flight back to the U.S. yet which means I can be on a train for 20+ hours. What's important to me is traveling on a budget (which is unfortunate because fights are the cheapest). For any of you that have traveled by train from anywhere in Spain to Italy, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
*Sidenote: I fully understand that overstaying my visa is against the EU regulations so please I am only looking for advice on what's the best route from Spain to Italy by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Globus Iberian Tour
- 2 http://nutritionless.com/metabo-pure/
- 3 3nights in Venice
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 7 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 8 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 9 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 10 Munich itinerary review
- 11 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 12 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 13 Football Tickets - Athens
- 14 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 15 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 16 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 17 Last minute trip to Capri
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Earthquake near Naples
- 20 Budapest to Kosice
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 23 My 3 days in Venice
- 24 multi city flights to europe
- 25 Loire Valley best place to linger