I am in Spain and would like to travel to Italy by train. I'd fly but my tourist visa runs out before Italy. I am planning for two weeks in Italy starting in Tuscany (Florence) and working my way down to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. My question is, what is the best train route from Spain to Italy? I'm finding some trains leaving from Girona but the sites I've found show nothing available. It's quite confusing using Eurotrail site in determining the cheapest and fastest option from one city in Spain to Italy. Time is not an issue for me since I do not have a return flight back to the U.S. yet which means I can be on a train for 20+ hours. What's important to me is traveling on a budget (which is unfortunate because fights are the cheapest). For any of you that have traveled by train from anywhere in Spain to Italy, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
*Sidenote: I fully understand that overstaying my visa is against the EU regulations so please I am only looking for advice on what's the best route from Spain to Italy by train.
Spain to Italy by train
- 1 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 2 Berlin Excursion from our ship...
- 3 Musée Marmottan - anything there?
- 4 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 5 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 6 Rail question 1st class and 2nd class
- 7 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 8 Safety on a Night Train from Amsterdam to Den Haag?
- 9 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 Sardinia in July
- 12 Foggia Day Trip
- 13 Barcelona to Positano
- 14 15 days in Central Europe
- 15 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 16 London Evening Activity
- 17 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 18 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 19 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 20 Paris Recommendations
- 21 Europe Winter in 16 days
- 22 Suggestions for France Italy
- 23 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 24 Which tour company would be best?
- 25 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?