I am in Spain and would like to travel to Italy by train. I'd fly but my tourist visa runs out before Italy. I am planning for two weeks in Italy starting in Tuscany (Florence) and working my way down to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. My question is, what is the best train route from Spain to Italy? I'm finding some trains leaving from Girona but the sites I've found show nothing available. It's quite confusing using Eurotrail site in determining the cheapest and fastest option from one city in Spain to Italy. Time is not an issue for me since I do not have a return flight back to the U.S. yet which means I can be on a train for 20+ hours. What's important to me is traveling on a budget (which is unfortunate because fights are the cheapest). For any of you that have traveled by train from anywhere in Spain to Italy, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
*Sidenote: I fully understand that overstaying my visa is against the EU regulations so please I am only looking for advice on what's the best route from Spain to Italy by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 2 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 3 Driving in Portugal with car rented in Spain
- 4 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 5 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 6 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 7 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 8 help with Italy itinerary
- 9 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 10 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 11 Barcelona with baby
- 12 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 13 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 14 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 15 Norway fjord
- 16 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 17 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 18 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 19 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 20 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 21 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 22 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 23 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 24 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 25 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?