I am in Spain and would like to travel to Italy by train. I'd fly but my tourist visa runs out before Italy. I am planning for two weeks in Italy starting in Tuscany (Florence) and working my way down to Rome and the Amalfi Coast. My question is, what is the best train route from Spain to Italy? I'm finding some trains leaving from Girona but the sites I've found show nothing available. It's quite confusing using Eurotrail site in determining the cheapest and fastest option from one city in Spain to Italy. Time is not an issue for me since I do not have a return flight back to the U.S. yet which means I can be on a train for 20+ hours. What's important to me is traveling on a budget (which is unfortunate because fights are the cheapest). For any of you that have traveled by train from anywhere in Spain to Italy, what do you recommend?
Thanks in advance for your time and advice
*Sidenote: I fully understand that overstaying my visa is against the EU regulations so please I am only looking for advice on what's the best route from Spain to Italy by train.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 2 Best layover option
- 3 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 4 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 5 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 6 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 7 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 8 Berlin
- 9 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 10 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 11 3 days solo in London
- 12 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 13 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 14 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 17 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 18 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 22 3 months in Bristol
- 23 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 24 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area