I have been obsessing over the schedule of a trip to Spain, trying to make the most of our time while not stretching ourselves to far. I was hoping you could cast your collective eyes over the schedule and tell me if its balanced, if we are missing anything obvious, and answer a few questions I will post at the end.
Firstly, who are we. A fairly standard couple, as bad as that sounds. I will be turning 40 just after the trip, so we are more tapas and Rioja than dance clubs. We love our food, but basically want a little of everything, art, scenery and of course seeing the amazing historic sites. Probably the most important factor is that this still has to be a holiday as well.
- Arrive Barcelona on Saturday 8th October for 5 nights. Not planning on any day trips, just getting over travel, seeing Barcelona and drinking it all in. (Saturday 8th October to Thursday 13th October).
- Madrid for 5 nights. Include day trips to Toledo and Sergovia, otherwise mainly spending time in the many galleries. (Thursday 13th to Tuesday 18th).
- Toledo for 2 nights. Mezquita. (Tuesday 18th to Thursday 20th).
- Seville for 3 nights, no day trips just spending time visiting the many sites. (Thursday 20th to Sunday 23rd).
- Pick up a rental car and spend 3 nights getting to Granada. Plan is roughly to drive down to Jerez, Cadiz, through Ronda and the white towns, down to Malaga, along the coast through Nerja and up to Granada. Not sure where we will stay but preferences will be white towns, and maybe a night in Malaga. (Sunday 23rd to Wednesday 26th).
- Granada for 3 nights. Alhambra etc. (Wednesday 26th to Saturday 29th).
We will be travelling by train for all but Seville to Granada. Preference will be to leave early(ish) to still have the afternoon of the first day at a new destination.
Firstly, can you reality check the above? Is this a little under ambitious?
I am struggling to find festivals etc in October to add something extra to the trip, what am I missing?
Where should we stay in the 3 nights driving between Seville to Granada?
Is the trip to focused on cities as opposed to smaller towns?
Thanks in advance, apologies for the length of the above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 VRBO South Kensington
- 5 First time in London
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 8 Vacation
- 9 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 12 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 13 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 14 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 15 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 16 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 21 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Seville- Ronda drive time