I have been obsessing over the schedule of a trip to Spain, trying to make the most of our time while not stretching ourselves to far. I was hoping you could cast your collective eyes over the schedule and tell me if its balanced, if we are missing anything obvious, and answer a few questions I will post at the end.
Firstly, who are we. A fairly standard couple, as bad as that sounds. I will be turning 40 just after the trip, so we are more tapas and Rioja than dance clubs. We love our food, but basically want a little of everything, art, scenery and of course seeing the amazing historic sites. Probably the most important factor is that this still has to be a holiday as well.
- Arrive Barcelona on Saturday 8th October for 5 nights. Not planning on any day trips, just getting over travel, seeing Barcelona and drinking it all in. (Saturday 8th October to Thursday 13th October).
- Madrid for 5 nights. Include day trips to Toledo and Sergovia, otherwise mainly spending time in the many galleries. (Thursday 13th to Tuesday 18th).
- Toledo for 2 nights. Mezquita. (Tuesday 18th to Thursday 20th).
- Seville for 3 nights, no day trips just spending time visiting the many sites. (Thursday 20th to Sunday 23rd).
- Pick up a rental car and spend 3 nights getting to Granada. Plan is roughly to drive down to Jerez, Cadiz, through Ronda and the white towns, down to Malaga, along the coast through Nerja and up to Granada. Not sure where we will stay but preferences will be white towns, and maybe a night in Malaga. (Sunday 23rd to Wednesday 26th).
- Granada for 3 nights. Alhambra etc. (Wednesday 26th to Saturday 29th).
We will be travelling by train for all but Seville to Granada. Preference will be to leave early(ish) to still have the afternoon of the first day at a new destination.
Firstly, can you reality check the above? Is this a little under ambitious?
I am struggling to find festivals etc in October to add something extra to the trip, what am I missing?
Where should we stay in the 3 nights driving between Seville to Granada?
Is the trip to focused on cities as opposed to smaller towns?
Thanks in advance, apologies for the length of the above.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 2 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 3 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 4 Europe First Timers
- 5 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 6 Lille Braderie 2017
- 7 Thinking about the Fjords
- 8 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 9 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 10 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 11 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 12 Uber vs. TfL
- 13 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 14 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 15 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 17 Greek Village
- 18 Berlin
- 19 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 20 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 23 Athens Help
- 24 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 25 Berlin -clubs