My boyfriend is meeting me in Europe next July/August and we are planning on buying a car in Madrid and road tripping through to Barcelona. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a second hair CHEAP car over there and/or know whether we have to pay money to cross borders? We want to stop at a lot of smaller towns on our trip so thought it easier to buy our own car and cheaper (we plan to sleep in the van/wagon we purchase) to do it this way.
If you've done something similar here or are from this area and have any suggestions they'd be greatly welcomed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First timer
- 2 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 3 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 4 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 5 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 8 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 9 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 10 Greece, Italy Or Swiss in Late Oct ??
- 11 Italy in 3 days
- 12 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 13 Getting Around Toledo
- 14 four old ladies in spain
- 15 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 16 Our Next Europe Trip
- 17 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 18 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 19 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 20 Rental Car in Austria
- 21 From Schipol to ?
- 22 Planning our Honeymoon
- 23 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 24 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 25 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau