My boyfriend is meeting me in Europe next July/August and we are planning on buying a car in Madrid and road tripping through to Barcelona. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a second hair CHEAP car over there and/or know whether we have to pay money to cross borders? We want to stop at a lot of smaller towns on our trip so thought it easier to buy our own car and cheaper (we plan to sleep in the van/wagon we purchase) to do it this way.
If you've done something similar here or are from this area and have any suggestions they'd be greatly welcomed!!
Spain road trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 2 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 3 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 4 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 5 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 6 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 7 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 12 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 15 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 16 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 17 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 18 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 19 Christmas in salzburg
- 20 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 21 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 22 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 23 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 24 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 25 Italy through locals eyes