My boyfriend is meeting me in Europe next July/August and we are planning on buying a car in Madrid and road tripping through to Barcelona. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a second hair CHEAP car over there and/or know whether we have to pay money to cross borders? We want to stop at a lot of smaller towns on our trip so thought it easier to buy our own car and cheaper (we plan to sleep in the van/wagon we purchase) to do it this way.
If you've done something similar here or are from this area and have any suggestions they'd be greatly welcomed!!
Spain road trip
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 2 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 3 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 4 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Hotel in Istanbul
- 7 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 8 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Mont St. Michele?
- 10 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 11 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 12 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 13 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 14 Our first trip to Europe
- 15 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 16 Best driving map for Greece?
- 17 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 18 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 19 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 20 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 21 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 22 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 23 Paris Perfect Soap
- 24 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 25 Train tickets within Italy