My partner and I are in the middle of planning a 4 - 5 week holiday in Spain & Portugal and are seeking itinerary assistance and advice. We haven't been to either country before so we would love to see different parts of the culture, architecture and a few sporting events too!
1. Would we be better travelling by train/ bus or hiring a car? For all or part of the trip?
2. Is it worth flying into Spain and heading straight to Seville for the last 2 days of "Feria de Sevilla" even though it is not the most practical way to go about our route?
3. What are the "MUST SEES" in terms of cities/ towns/ and attractions etc
4. Are there places we are best to base ourselves in a for a few days and do day trips to?
Here is our rough itinerary so far. All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!
14th Apr: Arrive Spain from Syd (Madrid or Barcelona?)
15th - 21st April:
- Option 1: Originally was going to fly into BCN and make way down through Valencia to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba and Seville...
BUT Feria de Sevilla is on 12 April - 17 April 2016 so if that is worth going to...
- Option 2: Immediately head to Seville for the last 2 days of Feria de Sevilla, then do day trips or something back to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba...? Thoughts please!
22nd - 26th April: Tavira, Faro, Lagos, Salema?
27th - 30th April: Lisbon, Sintra, Nazere?
1st - 4th May: Coimbra, Porto?
5th - 8th May: Madrid (As well as sites we would like to see a day of Madrid Tennis Open and also Real Madrid Football match on the Sunday)
9th - 15th May: Barcelona (LOCKED IN: 13th - 15th May Formula 1 Grand Prix)
16th May: Depart BCN
Thank you so much in advance for your help!! xx Kahli
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 2 Avoid Europcar!
- 3 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 quickest way to Prague
- 6 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 7 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 8 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 16 days in France and Italy
- 12 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 13 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 14 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 15 Amsterdam
- 16 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 17 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 18 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 21 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 22 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 23 Paris for children
- 24 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?