My partner and I are in the middle of planning a 4 - 5 week holiday in Spain & Portugal and are seeking itinerary assistance and advice. We haven't been to either country before so we would love to see different parts of the culture, architecture and a few sporting events too!
1. Would we be better travelling by train/ bus or hiring a car? For all or part of the trip?
2. Is it worth flying into Spain and heading straight to Seville for the last 2 days of "Feria de Sevilla" even though it is not the most practical way to go about our route?
3. What are the "MUST SEES" in terms of cities/ towns/ and attractions etc
4. Are there places we are best to base ourselves in a for a few days and do day trips to?
Here is our rough itinerary so far. All feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!
14th Apr: Arrive Spain from Syd (Madrid or Barcelona?)
15th - 21st April:
- Option 1: Originally was going to fly into BCN and make way down through Valencia to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba and Seville...
BUT Feria de Sevilla is on 12 April - 17 April 2016 so if that is worth going to...
- Option 2: Immediately head to Seville for the last 2 days of Feria de Sevilla, then do day trips or something back to Granada, Málaga, Córdoba...? Thoughts please!
22nd - 26th April: Tavira, Faro, Lagos, Salema?
27th - 30th April: Lisbon, Sintra, Nazere?
1st - 4th May: Coimbra, Porto?
5th - 8th May: Madrid (As well as sites we would like to see a day of Madrid Tennis Open and also Real Madrid Football match on the Sunday)
9th - 15th May: Barcelona (LOCKED IN: 13th - 15th May Formula 1 Grand Prix)
16th May: Depart BCN
Thank you so much in advance for your help!! xx Kahli
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 renting
- 2 Durham Castle or Lumley Castle?
- 3 6 Days in Italy
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 SE ITALY
- 6 Alitala
- 7 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 8 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 9 Which Hotel in Rome
- 10 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 11 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 14 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 15 Stu Tower
- 16 Road closure to Linderhof October 2017
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 21 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 22 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 23 Helpful Hint
- 24 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 25 Maybe your worst nighmare...