I'll try not to make this a dreaded Spain or Italy comparison, because I know they're both great destinations. Unfortunately, however, we have a choice to make between the two for our upcoming trip in June.
As we only have 14 full days we don't think it's really achievable to do two countries.
So, current thinking, and choices are:
May 31st: Fly into Rome (Sydney --> Rome); just a do nothing day (arrive around 1pm)
June 1st: Rome
June 2nd: Rome
June 3rd: Rome
June 4th: Rome
June 5th: Rome
June 6th: Train to Naples, pick up car and drive to Amalfi
June 7th: Amalfi (staying in Minori, Positano, Sorrento; somewhere)
June 8th: Amalfi (travelling to places like Capri, other parts of the coast)
June 9th: Amalfi (Pompeii?)
June 10th: Amalfi
June 11th: Amalfi
June 12: Amalfi
June 13th: Amalfi
June 14th: Amalfi
June 15th: Return car to Naples, train back to rome
June 16th: Leave from Rome (Rome --> Sydney).
Essentially we will spend a lot of time in two places (as last year we went to Florence, the Cinque Terre; although it might be nice to get to Venice this time, perhaps).
For Spain, we were thinking:
May 31st: Fly into Madrid (Sydney --> Madrid); just a do nothing day
June 1st: Madrid
June 2nd: Madrid
June 3rd: Madrid
June 4th: Madrid / Toledo
June 5th: Cordoba
June 6th: Seville
June 7th: Seville
June 8th: Seville
June 9th: Seville
June 10th: Granada
June 11th: Granada
June 12: San Sebastian
June 13th: San Sebastian
June 14th: San Sebastian
June 15th: Madrid
June 16th: Leave from Madrid (Madrid --> Sydney).
The alternative is to fly to Barcelona instead of Madrid; unfortunately we're really going from one end of the country to the other in Spain, but I really would like to go South, and to San Sebastian.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 2 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 3 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 4 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 8 Rome -- The next time around
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 11 Alitala
- 12 PARIS
- 13 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 14 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 15 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 16 Bordeaux to Nice
- 17 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 "Too Much Cows"
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Uber vs. TfL
- 25 An evening in London