I'll try not to make this a dreaded Spain or Italy comparison, because I know they're both great destinations. Unfortunately, however, we have a choice to make between the two for our upcoming trip in June.
As we only have 14 full days we don't think it's really achievable to do two countries.
So, current thinking, and choices are:
May 31st: Fly into Rome (Sydney --> Rome); just a do nothing day (arrive around 1pm)
June 1st: Rome
June 2nd: Rome
June 3rd: Rome
June 4th: Rome
June 5th: Rome
June 6th: Train to Naples, pick up car and drive to Amalfi
June 7th: Amalfi (staying in Minori, Positano, Sorrento; somewhere)
June 8th: Amalfi (travelling to places like Capri, other parts of the coast)
June 9th: Amalfi (Pompeii?)
June 10th: Amalfi
June 11th: Amalfi
June 12: Amalfi
June 13th: Amalfi
June 14th: Amalfi
June 15th: Return car to Naples, train back to rome
June 16th: Leave from Rome (Rome --> Sydney).
Essentially we will spend a lot of time in two places (as last year we went to Florence, the Cinque Terre; although it might be nice to get to Venice this time, perhaps).
For Spain, we were thinking:
May 31st: Fly into Madrid (Sydney --> Madrid); just a do nothing day
June 1st: Madrid
June 2nd: Madrid
June 3rd: Madrid
June 4th: Madrid / Toledo
June 5th: Cordoba
June 6th: Seville
June 7th: Seville
June 8th: Seville
June 9th: Seville
June 10th: Granada
June 11th: Granada
June 12: San Sebastian
June 13th: San Sebastian
June 14th: San Sebastian
June 15th: Madrid
June 16th: Leave from Madrid (Madrid --> Sydney).
The alternative is to fly to Barcelona instead of Madrid; unfortunately we're really going from one end of the country to the other in Spain, but I really would like to go South, and to San Sebastian.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-week itinerary - Austria, Slovakia, Italy, Croatia - too ambitious?
- 2 American looking for any work in Italy
- 3 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 4 15 nights in Italy
- 5 A road trip to Florence
- 6 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 7 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 8 Forints or Euros?
- 9 Glencoe As A Base in Scotland?
- 10 Another Visit to London
- 11 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 12 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 13 Northern Italy
- 14 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 15 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 16 hotel in Prague
- 17 Prague to Dresden in Aug
- 18 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 19 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 20 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 21 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 22 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 23 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 24 NORWAY itineray critique -- please give your opinion.
- 25 Greece- 8/9 DAYS