I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 7 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 8 Praiano
- 9 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 10 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 13 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 14 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 15 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 16 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 17 Canal du Midi
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 20 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 21 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 22 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 23 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 24 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 25 Driving from Rennes to Geneva