I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 2 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 3 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 4 free international phone calls
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 7 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 8 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 9 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 10 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 11 London 6 day itinerary
- 12 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 22 Two days in Rome
- 23 Classical Tour of Albania
- 24 First visit to London
- 25 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see