I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Spain - Mom and daughter travel - let's try this again
- 1 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 2 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 3 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 4 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 5 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 6 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 7 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 8 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 9 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 10 Do and don't, eating in France
- 11 italy itinerary for comments
- 12 chip and pin credit cards
- 13 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 14 Italian train question
- 15 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 16 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 19 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 20 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 21 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 22 Paris Ticket t+
- 23 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 24 Paris museums free admission
- 25 Help with planning a trip to Turkey