I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 5 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 13 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 14 dinner jackets
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 2 weeks Europe trip
- 17 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 18 Transportation
- 19 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 20 4 days in Provence in early June
- 21 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 22 Leather goods in Florence
- 23 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 24 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 25 Trip to Rome