I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Alsace to Austria?
- 6 road trip through scotland
- 7 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 8 Wales
- 9 Best Neck Pillow
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 12 Tieks for travel
- 13 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 16 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 17 Where to eat in Rome?
- 18 Thinking about the Fjords
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 21 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 22 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 23 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 24 Italy travel plan help
- 25 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.