I am at the beginning stages of planning a trip with my 14 year old daughter - we would like to travel in April - and we have between 2-3 weeks - the dates of travel are flexible - departure is out of DFW and I would like to do a direct flight so that means arrival city would be Madrid.
My daughter outlined the cities she found interesting:
Madrid, Barcelona Granada Valencia Santiago de Compostela, Malaga.
It is a budget trip - $$
No big tours, no big plans - slower travel so - the places she listed are VERY flexible.
She was going to go to Costa Rica on a primate study but it is over 6,000.00 by the time it is all said and done for the 21 days so it just was not going to happen this year.
We are not foodies at all - (I love a good meal but it is not a huge issue for us )
We will use miles most likely for air transportation on American - my husband travels extensively for work so we wrack up those and Marriott points - so I will use those as much as possible.
We love apartments in Europe so perhaps if we stay in Barcelona and Madrid we will do apartments for that time period.
I am VERY open to suggestions - last time I planned a trip for she and I - it ended up being canceled (it was several years ago) and we went to Paris for 10 days over Christmas as a family instead.
Again, this is budget - but needs to be safe. She wants spain - and she has 2.5 years of spanish and plans on continuing it and hopefully doing some schooling abroad in Spain later.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a European Trip
- 2 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 3 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 4 Lisbon trip report
- 5 restaurants in Marais district
- 6 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 9 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 12 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 24 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 25 Springtime Adventure in Europe