I'd like to run a possible itinerary for the Andalucia portion of our trip by you experts to see your thoughts. (This portion of our trip will be my husband, my 21 yr old daugher, and myself).
AVE train from Madrid to Sevilla: 3 nights; day trip to Cordoba.
Train to Granada: 2 nights.
Rent a car - drive to Ronda (1 night)
Drive back to Madrid and return car.
My questions: Do these directions/general itinerary/modes of transportation make sense? I think train travel is easier for the most part, particularly in cities, but do want a bit of flexibility when driving around hill towns.
Also, it's a bit of back and forth between Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada, but thought that switching hotels to Cordoba would be a hassle too.
Lastly, can you return a car in a different city without penalty?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 8 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 10 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 11 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 12 Planning A trip
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 18 Bruges
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 25 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish