I'd like to run a possible itinerary for the Andalucia portion of our trip by you experts to see your thoughts. (This portion of our trip will be my husband, my 21 yr old daugher, and myself).
AVE train from Madrid to Sevilla: 3 nights; day trip to Cordoba.
Train to Granada: 2 nights.
Rent a car - drive to Ronda (1 night)
Drive back to Madrid and return car.
My questions: Do these directions/general itinerary/modes of transportation make sense? I think train travel is easier for the most part, particularly in cities, but do want a bit of flexibility when driving around hill towns.
Also, it's a bit of back and forth between Sevilla, Cordoba, and Granada, but thought that switching hotels to Cordoba would be a hassle too.
Lastly, can you return a car in a different city without penalty?
Thank you in advance for your suggestions and advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 2 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 5 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 6 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 7 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 12 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 13 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 14 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 15 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Switzerland in October
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 20 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 21 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 22 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 23 Tuscany First Time
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.