My very first time on a travel forum or for that matter any forum so please do bear with me for any forum protocol goof ups.
My wife and me – a couple in our mid thirties are planning on visiting Spain for about 8 days.
We will be flying in to Barcelona on 11th April and out from Madrid on 19th April. In addition we ideally wanted to cover the Alhambra and Seville as well if possible.
We were thinking of doing the following itinerary and seek your opinions and advice. And to add to that we have like a 100 questions.
1. Thursday 11 April 2013 @ 13.15 - Arrive in Barcelona
2. Saturday 13 April 2013 - Proceed to either Seville or Malaga – Either by the AVE or flight
3. Monday 15 April 2013 – Proceed to either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By train
4. Wednesday 17 April 2013 – Proceed to Madrid from either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By the AVE
5. Friday 19 April 2013 – Depart from Madrid
Things we intend to cover in each location :-
Barcelona : Probably a hop on – hop off to see a few sites. Camp Nou tour. Maybe a Tapas walking tour.
Malaga (Granada) – We chose Malaga as the AVE goes there. We intend to see the Alhambra here.
Seville – Nothing specific planned here. Am guessing the Fair shall give us lots to see and do. Maybe a Flaminco show and a Bull fight if possible.
Madrid – Again nothing specific planned here. Maybe a few interesting sites around the city etc.
1. Is the above itinerary doable ? Or would it get really hectic ? Any alternative suggestions ?
2. Between Seville and Alhambra if we need to skip one – Which one ?
3. Is the AVE between Barcelona and Seville / Malaga scenic or would a flight be better.
4. What is the best mode of transport between Seville and Alhambra ? And which one is more convenient to do if we doing both ?
5. Any other suggestions / recommendations / etc etc are most welcome.
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona Itinerary
- 2 St. Petersburg plus
- 3 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 4 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 5 train connections in the UK
- 6 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 7 Advice---Milan Roadtrip to Barcelona
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 9 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 10 Trip Report: Berlin
- 11 Plug to carry for US gadget charging
- 12 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 13 air conditioning
- 14 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 15 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 16 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 17 Scandinavia Trip in August
- 18 Cycling in France- North to South
- 19 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 20 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 21 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 22 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 23 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 24 Tour Planning--Now or later?
- 25 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
Spain Itinerary Help Please (Barcelona - Seville / Malaga - Madrid)