My very first time on a travel forum or for that matter any forum so please do bear with me for any forum protocol goof ups.
My wife and me – a couple in our mid thirties are planning on visiting Spain for about 8 days.
We will be flying in to Barcelona on 11th April and out from Madrid on 19th April. In addition we ideally wanted to cover the Alhambra and Seville as well if possible.
We were thinking of doing the following itinerary and seek your opinions and advice. And to add to that we have like a 100 questions.
1. Thursday 11 April 2013 @ 13.15 - Arrive in Barcelona
2. Saturday 13 April 2013 - Proceed to either Seville or Malaga – Either by the AVE or flight
3. Monday 15 April 2013 – Proceed to either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By train
4. Wednesday 17 April 2013 – Proceed to Madrid from either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By the AVE
5. Friday 19 April 2013 – Depart from Madrid
Things we intend to cover in each location :-
Barcelona : Probably a hop on – hop off to see a few sites. Camp Nou tour. Maybe a Tapas walking tour.
Malaga (Granada) – We chose Malaga as the AVE goes there. We intend to see the Alhambra here.
Seville – Nothing specific planned here. Am guessing the Fair shall give us lots to see and do. Maybe a Flaminco show and a Bull fight if possible.
Madrid – Again nothing specific planned here. Maybe a few interesting sites around the city etc.
1. Is the above itinerary doable ? Or would it get really hectic ? Any alternative suggestions ?
2. Between Seville and Alhambra if we need to skip one – Which one ?
3. Is the AVE between Barcelona and Seville / Malaga scenic or would a flight be better.
4. What is the best mode of transport between Seville and Alhambra ? And which one is more convenient to do if we doing both ?
5. Any other suggestions / recommendations / etc etc are most welcome.
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 2 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 3 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 4 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 5 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 6 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 7 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 8 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 9 4 days each in London and Paris
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 12 A few more questions about Brittany
- 13 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 14 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 15 Positano or Sorrento?
- 16 Paris in November
- 17 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 18 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 19 London Theater
- 20 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 21 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 22 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 23 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 24 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 25 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
Spain Itinerary Help Please (Barcelona - Seville / Malaga - Madrid)