My very first time on a travel forum or for that matter any forum so please do bear with me for any forum protocol goof ups.
My wife and me – a couple in our mid thirties are planning on visiting Spain for about 8 days.
We will be flying in to Barcelona on 11th April and out from Madrid on 19th April. In addition we ideally wanted to cover the Alhambra and Seville as well if possible.
We were thinking of doing the following itinerary and seek your opinions and advice. And to add to that we have like a 100 questions.
1. Thursday 11 April 2013 @ 13.15 - Arrive in Barcelona
2. Saturday 13 April 2013 - Proceed to either Seville or Malaga – Either by the AVE or flight
3. Monday 15 April 2013 – Proceed to either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By train
4. Wednesday 17 April 2013 – Proceed to Madrid from either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By the AVE
5. Friday 19 April 2013 – Depart from Madrid
Things we intend to cover in each location :-
Barcelona : Probably a hop on – hop off to see a few sites. Camp Nou tour. Maybe a Tapas walking tour.
Malaga (Granada) – We chose Malaga as the AVE goes there. We intend to see the Alhambra here.
Seville – Nothing specific planned here. Am guessing the Fair shall give us lots to see and do. Maybe a Flaminco show and a Bull fight if possible.
Madrid – Again nothing specific planned here. Maybe a few interesting sites around the city etc.
1. Is the above itinerary doable ? Or would it get really hectic ? Any alternative suggestions ?
2. Between Seville and Alhambra if we need to skip one – Which one ?
3. Is the AVE between Barcelona and Seville / Malaga scenic or would a flight be better.
4. What is the best mode of transport between Seville and Alhambra ? And which one is more convenient to do if we doing both ?
5. Any other suggestions / recommendations / etc etc are most welcome.
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What type of visa is right for me?
- 2 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 3 Munich
- 4 First time in France
- 5 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 6 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 9 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 10 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 14 4 days in switzerland
- 15 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 16 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 17 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 18 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 19 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 20 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 21 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 22 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 23 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 24 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 25 Portugal itinerary help
Spain Itinerary Help Please (Barcelona - Seville / Malaga - Madrid)