My very first time on a travel forum or for that matter any forum so please do bear with me for any forum protocol goof ups.
My wife and me – a couple in our mid thirties are planning on visiting Spain for about 8 days.
We will be flying in to Barcelona on 11th April and out from Madrid on 19th April. In addition we ideally wanted to cover the Alhambra and Seville as well if possible.
We were thinking of doing the following itinerary and seek your opinions and advice. And to add to that we have like a 100 questions.
1. Thursday 11 April 2013 @ 13.15 - Arrive in Barcelona
2. Saturday 13 April 2013 - Proceed to either Seville or Malaga – Either by the AVE or flight
3. Monday 15 April 2013 – Proceed to either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By train
4. Wednesday 17 April 2013 – Proceed to Madrid from either Seville or Malaga (Depending on earlier point) – By the AVE
5. Friday 19 April 2013 – Depart from Madrid
Things we intend to cover in each location :-
Barcelona : Probably a hop on – hop off to see a few sites. Camp Nou tour. Maybe a Tapas walking tour.
Malaga (Granada) – We chose Malaga as the AVE goes there. We intend to see the Alhambra here.
Seville – Nothing specific planned here. Am guessing the Fair shall give us lots to see and do. Maybe a Flaminco show and a Bull fight if possible.
Madrid – Again nothing specific planned here. Maybe a few interesting sites around the city etc.
1. Is the above itinerary doable ? Or would it get really hectic ? Any alternative suggestions ?
2. Between Seville and Alhambra if we need to skip one – Which one ?
3. Is the AVE between Barcelona and Seville / Malaga scenic or would a flight be better.
4. What is the best mode of transport between Seville and Alhambra ? And which one is more convenient to do if we doing both ?
5. Any other suggestions / recommendations / etc etc are most welcome.
Thanks a ton
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel guide paris
- 2 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 3 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 4 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 5 London
- 6 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 7 Touring Rome
- 8 Calling on all Alps hiking experts for some advice
- 9 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 10 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 11 Cornwall and Germany
- 12 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 13 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 14 Where can I find the best steak in London?
- 15 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 16 England/Scotland in January?
- 17 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 18 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 19 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 20 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 21 lodging in/near madrid
- 22 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 23 November Eastern Europe Trip
- 24 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 25 SIM card in Sicily
Spain Itinerary Help Please (Barcelona - Seville / Malaga - Madrid)